5 channel amp recommendations?

I think every amplifier supports this. You can run as many channels as you wish at 2ohm.
This is good to know.

Thanks for the info guys, I am gonna keep an eye on the classifieds here as well as on ebay. I saw the Alpine MRX-V70 go for $200 on ebay last night, so I am slightly leaning that way.

I just bought an Arc Audio XXD5080 for $130 shipped off ebay. It is tiny, weighs almost nothing and retails for $380. It is lightweight and sounds equivalent to the Class AB Memphis monster amplifier I had installed before. I think there is still one more available on eBay right now.

Just did a quick search on ebay and could not pull anything up. Maybe you could point me in the right direction? Thanks
memphis big belle. /thread

got one for sale bud. 450 shipped for one of the best 5 channels ever made

Anyone deal with refurb'd amps in general?

---------- Post added at 02:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:04 PM ----------

memphis big belle. /thread
got one for sale bud. 450 shipped for one of the best 5 channels ever made
Sorry, just a lil too rich for my blood. Thanks for the offer.

For those interested, I ended up with an Infinity Kappa Five, 5 channel amp.

Feel free to critique my purchase. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Anyone deal with refurb'd amps in general? 

---------- Post added at 02:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:04 PM ----------

Sorry, just a lil too rich for my blood. Thanks for the offer.

I lot people had complained about refurb amplifiers that they bought directly from Boston Acoustics.

SInce the OP noted the RE xtx500.5 , i figured i'd write briefly.

It has now been discontinued, but can still be found at places for as low as 190 dollars or so.

I am very happy with it for a full-system amp. It isn't a powerhouse, so you should get _relatively_ efficient speakers- but i cannot complain about the sound or the size.

I mounted it to the underside of my passenger seat in my subaru forester.

My webpage has pictures of the guts of it compared to an old-school audio art 260.6xe, as well as pictures of the install, and other info about the amp:

www.c-j-l.net/Home/audio/subaru_stereo_installation_full]subaru_stereo_installation_full - Useful-Info

Enjoy!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.