5.25 - 6.5 Component Sets, < $120?

Participant count
  • Participant list

m4dioses
10+ year member

I have a 2000 Cavalier, I let my cousin drive it around for a day and she blew my cheap-o TX5001's (that I had in there for a year.. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif ).

I'm looking to spend about $120, I'm powering the comps with an old DUAL 400W 2 channel amp.

I listen to mostly bassy music, although when the fiance drives she listens to country.

I saw the Orion C6.2's and considered it, but eh.. not sure.

The rest of my system is;

Eclipse CD4000

Profile 1000W Amp -> Kicker 06CVX10

&

Boston Acoustics S65 in the rear deck (powered by HU)

Thanks in advance!

EDIT: with the MTX5001's, even at -3db and the amp well below the highs would still have a piercing effect sort of, that's something I'd like to avoid as well. (She blew them by using the "LOUD" setting on the HU and turning the bass all the way up on the HU... never understand why the hell people listen to music like that.)

US Shipping & Handling

via Standard Delivery

(includes any seller handling fees) : $0.00 USD

US Insurance (optional) : --

Price Before Discounts: $87.00 USD

10% off $100 max C2MAY0810P: - $8.70 USD

Total:

$78.30 USD

I guess for 78 bucks you can't go wrong, although the free MTX were pretty cool too. lol.

With so many positive reviews, seems I just can't go wrong with PGs.

CDT's are a great choise, and the RSD's dont do half bad. I'll be running Pioneer REV comps, which is just a tad out of hte price range but within say 20 bucks last I checked.

REV's have a mildly harsh tweet, but nothing ear piercing so to speak - they're good little comps and get mighty loud

Hm, ordered the PG RSD65C's.. when you say deaden, how much deadening?

Like dynamatting the whole door? Clay in certain areas? I already have parts of the door (not the entire thing) dynamatted, which pretty much killed the noise from any other woofer's I've had in there. (I've had BA Comps, MTX and the economy line kickers) and have never heard a rattle.

I'll be sending ~110watts rms to each passive xover, I saw the xover only has 0db and +2db on the tweets.. hope they're not too harsh :/

Any other input would be greatly appreciated.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.