Infinity speaker question

Participant count
  • Participant list

CamryMTX
10+ year member

I have 6x9 3 ways in the rear and have 50 watts going to them. I can bridge my amp to dump 100w to them. Right now they sound great. the speakers take 100RMS am i loosing sound quality by not putting 100W to them? Or if i do will i gain anything out of it?

Power has nothing to do with sound quality unless you are trying to get too much quantity out of the power that you have and clipping the amp. Putting more power on them will only make them louder.

If I were you I would be looking at ways to get more up front rather than amplifying the rears more.

Yeah, I have to agree with helotaxi. I have the Infinity 6x9s 3 ways in my truck up front running on a JL Audio 300/4 and yesterday I bridged them and it sounded nice and loud. I think I am going to leave it like that until I get a set of comps up front.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.