4th order question.

Participant count
  • Participant list

dudeogo

Actually a Potato
So I've seen on a lot of 4th order enclosures the ported section of the box is basically just missing one side and it's almost as if the entire box itself is the port? How does that work with box size, and how do I find tuning for that? Just wondering it's been driving me crazy. Any answers are appreciated!

I did bandpass 4th order in Nissan Micra. Closed box is 40 liters, vented box is 135 liters. Port is tube at 200 mm diametr and 350 mm long. Play very good.

Sub is Ural Patriot 15" and amplifer Pride 2k (2000 Watt)

0hVMRtxOV9s.jpg

H-BM1b8bvME.jpg

8NCJGUPHeDM.jpg

YVIb8Lt0M6M.jpg

dnfLnlxA0DQ.jpg

So I've seen on a lot of 4th order enclosures the ported section of the box is basically just missing one side and it's almost as if the entire box itself is the port? How does that work with box size, and how do I find tuning for that? Just wondering it's been driving me crazy. Any answers are appreciated!
Are you talking about going big with something like this?...

n5WVenD.jpg

or staying under the window line with something like this

Vc90Vb2.jpg

Hehehe... I've been following your other thread...

you have to tune high to the resonant sealed resonant frequency for best bandwidth and output which is very high like in the upper 40s and 50s. So thats the only way to get a high enough tuning. Plus you start higher and shrink via experimentation to find that perfect sweet spot. To do a 4th order you better d@mn well have some RTA/SPL metering equipment or else its doomed to be mediocre or fail.

you have to tune high to the resonant sealed resonant frequency for best bandwidth and output which is very high like in the upper 40s and 50s. So thats the only way to get a high enough tuning. Plus you start higher and shrink via experimentation to find that perfect sweet spot. To do a 4th order you better d@mn well have some RTA/SPL metering equipment or else its doomed to be mediocre or fail.
Yes, I'm also experimentation to find perfect port witn SPL-LAB BassMeter

I have friends with metering equipment //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

I have friends with metering equipment //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif
its very important to get the sealed portion right. Some stiff suspension subs with super high motorforce would only require like half a cube sealed for a single 12. Its weird.

its very important to get the sealed portion right. Some stiff suspension subs with super high motorforce would only require like half a cube sealed for a single 12. Its weird.
I used winisd and i kept playing with the graph and ended up with what I wanted at 4 sealed 6 ported for one 18

I did bandpass 4th order in Nissan Micra. Closed box is 40 liters, vented box is 135 liters. Port is tube at 200 mm diametr and 350 mm long. Play very good.
Sub is Ural Patriot 15" and amplifer Pride 2k (2000 Watt)

0hVMRtxOV9s.jpg

H-BM1b8bvME.jpg

8NCJGUPHeDM.jpg

YVIb8Lt0M6M.jpg

dnfLnlxA0DQ.jpg
good looking box.

I used winisd and i kept playing with the graph and ended up with what I wanted at 4 sealed 6 ported for one 18
Good luck.

good looking box.

Good luck.
I'm just playing around rn. I know someone who will buy an 18 as soon as I'm done with it. So I just wanted a little big sub wow factor for a month or two in the highschool parking lot while I find a beater Jeep.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.