4th order possibly, which pair of 8’s on 1200watts?

Buck

[email protected]
Pro Seller
5,000+ posts
10+ year member
May 19, 2008
FL
I would request a low Fs as well. You can play lows at high power with the sealed if you have to make it huge. So look for a lower Fs 8 if you can. I had some of elemental designs 8's that worked great in a 4th. A lot of 8's resonate really high in 4ths.

Reactions: Ridinhi

THATpurpleKUSH

Your emotions will be manipulated for my pleasure
5,000+ posts
10+ year member
Sep 30, 2009
Slums of the Shaolin
You'll need more of an sq oriented design to get a lower fs (ideally below 40hz for an 8) which inherently will have lower power handling.

I own 2 cerwin vega v series 8s with the red surround, never hooked them up but they have a fs of 34, I also have some old Infinity REF860w's, those are good for 4th orders, I dont remember the specs off the top of my head but something with comparable numbers to either of those models would be a decent starting point.

Coolhand20th

CarAudio.com Elite
Mar 27, 2019
Wisconsin
Contact Apex Audio they should have them and a price since they are in that building. And they get right back to you within a day sometimes within a hour or two. Just for the heck of it kinda thing, be nice to know what those are going for in case others want to know.

[email protected]

Popwarhomie

CarAudio.com Elite VIP
5,000+ posts
10+ year member
Jan 22, 2010
FL
  • Wow

Popwarhomie

CarAudio.com Elite VIP
5,000+ posts
10+ year member
Jan 22, 2010
FL
nightshade 8.jpg

Ridinhi

CarAudio.com Veteran
10+ year member
Aug 8, 2006
Winston-Salem, NC
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Am I missing something here? You're going to do a 4th order in a single cab truck?
It’s a thought if possible. I am aware that they require a big enclosure but I was thinking maybe I would have enough room for an 8 or two. I’ve bucket seats and think I may have some decent space. Not possible?

MattinMO

Senior VIP Member
Dec 31, 2017
St.louis, MO
It’s a thought if possible. I am aware that they require a big enclosure but I was thinking maybe I would have enough room for an 8 or two. I’ve bucket seats and think I may have some decent space. Not possible?
I mean anything is possible maybe a center console build. If you're wanting to experiment I would do a 1 12" t line before a 2 8 4th order in a single cab

MattinMO

Senior VIP Member
Dec 31, 2017
St.louis, MO
Something with a lower fs just like the 4th order Something around 35. The fi xv3 were perfect but i.tbink they dc'd em

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Most posts - Past 30 days