4th order possibly, which pair of 8’s on 1200watts?

Participant count
  • Participants list
I would request a low Fs as well. You can play lows at high power with the sealed if you have to make it huge. So look for a lower Fs 8 if you can. I had some of elemental designs 8's that worked great in a 4th. A lot of 8's resonate really high in 4ths.

You'll need more of an sq oriented design to get a lower fs (ideally below 40hz for an 8) which inherently will have lower power handling.

I own 2 cerwin vega v series 8s with the red surround, never hooked them up but they have a fs of 34, I also have some old Infinity REF860w's, those are good for 4th orders, I dont remember the specs off the top of my head but something with comparable numbers to either of those models would be a decent starting point.

Contact Apex Audio they should have them and a price since they are in that building. And they get right back to you within a day sometimes within a hour or two. Just for the heck of it kinda thing, be nice to know what those are going for in case others want to know.

sales@audioapex.com

nightshade 8.jpg

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.