4th order or sealed box for my system?

So I just went to a local audio place to ask about boxes and what they suggest... The 1st thing out the salesman mouth was those Massive TW12" are junk..lol.. He went on to tell me that that speaker I'm getting isn't suggest to be used in a sealed box.. is this true or is the guy just being a salesman trying to sale me his JL audio stuff?

I also asked about 4th order band[*** box and what the cost was going to be... He told me it would be approx $400-500 for a single sub 4th order box and only $50 for a sealed box...wtf.. Should I just run? lol.. It looks like I can't trust them with my set up as I wanted to pull the jerk across the counter with his demeanor. I might have to do this job alone... If thats the case I will just do a up ward firing seal box. I asked about IB boxes and he didn't know what that was.. when I explained it he said that was called free air box... and If I really wanted a sealed box to not have it firing into the car b/c it wouldn't make the correct sound waves off my back glass.

So I just went to a local audio place to ask about boxes and what they suggest... The 1st thing out the salesman mouth was those Massive TW12" are junk..lol.. He went on to tell me that that speaker I'm getting isn't suggest to be used in a sealed box.. is this true or is the guy just being a salesman trying to sale me his JL audio stuff?I also asked about 4th order band[*** box and what the cost was going to be... He told me it would be approx $400-500 for a single sub 4th order box and only $50 for a sealed box...wtf.. Should I just run? lol.. It looks like I can't trust them with my set up as I wanted to pull the jerk across the counter with his demeanor. I might have to do this job alone... If thats the case I will just do a up ward firing seal box. I asked about IB boxes and he didn't know what that was.. when I explained it he said that was called free air box... and If I really wanted a sealed box to not have it firing into the car b/c it wouldn't make the correct sound waves off my back glass.
Tell them to fuck themselves. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif Build a simple sealed box and see if its what you're after...

talk to 80INCHES for a 4th order give him some accurate measurements and hell be sure to make you happy
He build custom boxes for people on this forum? 

---------- Post added at 07:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:05 PM ----------

Any thoughts of that TW12" not being a sealed box type sub?

Well, they do not have sealed box specs for those woofers on their site...Doesnt mean they cant be used sealed, but maybe there is a reason they dont have the spec on their site. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Well, they do not have sealed box specs for those woofers on their site...Doesnt mean they cant be used sealed, but maybe there is a reason they dont have the spec on their site. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Basic Car Audio Electronics

I plugged in the Fs and Qes to the calculator on page 110 on the right hand side and it determines whether it is better designed for a sealed or ported enclosure.

It doesn't give dimensions but if you are going sealed on a 12" I would go about 1 ft^3 internal volume, after sub displacement. 1.065 Ft^3 before displacement.

You could go 14 x 14 x 13.25 and be right about 1 ft^3 after displacement.

Double post FTL!!! Here's some boobs to make up for it!

2cjo4wb

Talk to 80. He did my 4th order. One of the best systems I heard was a 4th order ported in the deck of a caddy deville. His trunk was dead quiet until you opened the car doors or windows and the bass came out. That was the system that first made me like bandpass.

I tried to pm jim but his in box is full. Any other contact info for him?

Talk to 80. He did my 4th order. One of the best systems I heard was a 4th order ported in the deck of a caddy deville. His trunk was dead quiet until you opened the car doors or windows and the bass came out. That was the system that first made me like bandpass.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.