4th order building

TnT_Sounds
10+ year member

profiling gets **** done!
Colorado
I got a question for you guys, what should I do when Im putting the top on? Im not going to seal around with silicone or use wood glue incase I ever need access to the subs inside the enclosure. I was thinking about putting some sort of rubber stripping such as peel and seal along the top pieces and then just screw the top down on top of that.

Any suggestions or other thoughts would be great because Im stumped and Im not sure if it would even workas far as being air tight:confused:

caulk on inside edge, gasket tape on the outside edge. and just screw where ever.

it works wonderfully.

you can use variations of that tape for rattle throughout your vehicle as well.

plates, doors, etc. cracks and problem areas.

This is what I got to work with. The first one is bare and the second pic is with the rubber gasketing material drawn in free hand.

sealing.jpg

sealing2.jpg

Would that work?

The gasket goes in between the 2 pieces of wood, not on the side. Its an adhesive on one side and just stick it on. The wood is 3/4" thick, and the gasket is 1/2", so it isnt quite as wide as the wood. Just lay the gasket down, then put the other piece of wood on top of it. Then screw the other piece down.

Depending on your box you might be able to get a bead of caulk on the inside of the box, but if not, just make sure its screwed down onto the gasket really tight.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.