4th Order Bandpass Build: 3 RD Sonance 10s"

528hz
10+ year member

Everything'sMiscellaneous
I want to give a big welcome (when he finally comes on here) to Tyler Nielson for designing and building this enclosure. It truely is on of the most beautiful enclosures I have ever seen. If anyone is interested in his servics, he can be reached at: About (TJ Mobile Audio, Rexburg)

We have been working on the specs for this box for over 6 weeks and now she is finally built and will be put to the test towards the end of the week.

I'll list more specs in this post once I've got all the final details gathered from our novel of emails.

Now, on to the art:

CIMG0262.jpg

CIMG0263.jpg

CIMG0266.jpg

CIMG0267.jpg

CIMG0268.jpg

CIMG0271.jpg

CIMG0272.jpg

CIMG0273.jpg

Funky design, but its beautiful, interested in how its going to sound. But it looks great, //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/thumbsup.gif.3287b36ca96645a13a43aff531f37f02.gif

Colby, I'm excited to hear your listening impressions. This was quite the project //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/fyi.gif.9f1f679348da7204ce960cfc74bca8e0.gif, so it better be good.

The hell have you been?

Looks like a crazy design. My only concern is that the ported chamber is pretty small for 3 10's.
If you don't mind sharing, whats the size and tuning of both chambers?
It could have been a little bigger I think. Although it sounds amazing!

I got everything installed, which was a pain in the ass by the way. The subs really beat me up getting them in. None-the-less, I did it.

It's definitely not as loud as my 3 12s" were, but I'd say meter wise it's probably a 143-145 or so. It's the best sounding box I have ever had. The best way I can describe the sound, it that it is very "linear" and "surrounding." It's got a a nice, clean boom to it and is by far the best musical box I have ever heard, really.

I'm not sure where I'm at with this. I love it, I really do, but my 12s" would really kick your ass around. I don't try to kill my ears at all times, but whenever I get the urge to really make the heart stop for a few minutes I enjoy that. This box is very satisfying.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.