4th order, 6th order, or ported?

Participant count
  • Participant list

atlninja82
10+ year member

i like to fish
atlanta
hey guys,

Well I have decided to go ahead and do a blow through in my truck. I have a single cab chevy and I have two DD 2510's behind the seats( barely fits ) and i squeezed them into a 2.6 net cube box with two 4 inch aeros. I feel like im choking the hell out of them and am eventually going to do 4 2510's so thought i may as well go ahead and do the blow through. So heres my question. I was thinking of doing a bandpass so I wouldnt have to cut such a big hole in the cab. Is this the route I should go or should i just cut a huge hole and go ported? If i do go bandpass should i do a 6th order or 4th order? I am wanting the most output possible.

Thanks guys,

-eric

From what I have seen, 4th and 6th order boxes take up gobs of room. So you may get away with a smaller hole, but you will prolly lose most of your bedspace, and it wont be usable as a pickup anymore. Something to consider.

It all depends on the build. Like any other enclosure, one topology is not guaranteed to be louder than the other. If I wanted to do a BP build, I would have someone do it who had done a few before that can be proven, as BP's are fairly hard to get right( from what Ive seen). I would just do a ported build with those, blow it through the back window and put a topper on that truck. No cutting that way... of course you could blow a BP through the window as well. I'm in the same boat as you, getting ready to change things up, gonna try to build a 149.9 bassracer out of 2 18's and ~4k power. Thats the way I plan on doing mine though, is through the window with a topper.

yea im not a real fan of the camper tops. im actually planning on putting the box underneath my toolbox and not putting a cover over the bed and just covering the box in something that is weather proof and bolting the box to the bed. I guess I will just go ported then. seems the easiest anyways.

the fact of no cutting with the whole topper thing is nice but who the hell wants a big ass leer top on their truck....not me
I dont plan on one of those ugly asS Leers. I plan on a nice FG with no windows. It will be slick

well heres my truck.

finaltrucksig.jpg

dont think any kind of top would looke very good on it. do you know of anything i can cover the box in to make it water proof?

well heres my truck.

finaltrucksig.jpg

dont think any kind of top would looke very good on it. do you know of anything i can cover the box in to make it water proof?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.