4ohm amp 8 ohm svc sub

Participant count
  • Participant list

MikeofTulsa

The one and Only!
Tulsa, OK
ok well i have a pioneer amp that is rated 35x2rms at 4 ohms and 100x1 bridged at 4 ohms....and i have an 8" 8ohm sub that im wanting to runn from this amp.....w/ the amp being 4 ohms is it going to hurt the sub at all since its 8 ohms....cause i have previously ran that sub w/ my jensen amp i had along time ago and it was 2 or 4 ohms bridged....or sterio....i dont remember how i had it set up as....but it seemed to work fine....the sub is in a .39 ft^3 sealed box....and i was also wondering if that amp would be stable down to 2 ohms if anyone would know????anyways...any info is appreciated....thanks

The Jensen would be 2ohm stereo and 4 ohm brdged stable.. You can use the Pioneer amp but because its rated at 100 watts into 4 ohms bridged and you are using an 8 ohm sub it will cut the power in half.. I would either get a different amp, get another 8 ohm sub or both since 100 watts isnt even enough to get your sub loud enough to hear... a bigger amp and another sub would be my recommendation.

Mike

i know what you mean....jus kinda using it as a temp. fix...till i can get somthing...currently i have nothing in my car...all my stuff got jacked a few months back an di have been been trying to get the stuff back...so i kinda have to use what i have laying around....but an 8ohm sub w/ a 4 ohm amp will produce half of the bridged amount?...oohh well

But at least you won't have to worry about the amp overheating //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

well i guess....but i didnt pay anything for the amp so im not going to complain....it'll probably eventually be used to push some cheap rear fill speakers or tweets....

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.