4kw subs.

Box design man
It was a good design, and that don't help the fact it has no cooling. Even IA says it's designed around SPL use. I'm not saying the 4 is good. For a budget brand they are good. For what he is looking for and his budget he can do better.

I beat the living chit out of my Sp4 15's on a Warhorse and I never had any probs.Never had a problem with any Fi sub ive ran.Not sure "sq" and 2-18's are cohesive but hey give it a whirl...Alot of it will be in the box you choose imo..Good luck op
Mark Eldridge ran two solo X 18s when he ran SQ for kicker back in the day.

Mark Eldridge ran two solo X 18s when he ran SQ for kicker back in the day.
True but those folks are on another level.Whichever he chooses he's gonna need a great box for sure to get that ''sq''.

It was a good design, and that don't help the fact it has no cooling. Even IA says it's designed around SPL use. I'm not saying the 4 is good. For a budget brand they are good. For what he is looking for and his budget he can do better.
Why do u just continue to talk about ***** u have absolutely no f**k ing clue about, how about u just shut the f*ck up u nut hugging idoit

Why do u just continue to talk about ***** u have absolutely no f**k ing clue about, how about u just shut the f*ck up u nut hugging idoit
**** off and prove me wrong. Just ******* look at it and its obvious.

From IA "this motor can even be used for daily applications, even though it was designed for competition SPL formats."

**** off and prove me wrong. Just ******* look at it and its obvious.
From IA "this motor can even be used for daily applications, even though it was designed for competition SPL formats."
I will **** off u useless piece of **** , I am Team IA and have been for several years I was team DD before that dumb f**k , ask people that know what they are doing and actually use the **** and maybe u will learn something , but instead u just continue to keep running your ******* mouth instead, I feel like every time I come to this site I am correcting some dumba** remark from you about **** that you don't know the first clue about whether you are nut hugging DC or DD or whoever ' s **** u move onto next nobody **** ing cares what you think, stop spreading lies and misinformation

I will **** off u useless piece of **** , I am Team IA and have been for several years I was team DD before that dumb f**k , ask people that know what they are doing and actually use the **** and maybe u will learn something , but instead u just continue to keep running your ******* mouth instead, I feel like every time I come to this site I am correcting some dumba** remark from you about **** that you don't know the first clue about whether you are nut hugging DC or DD or whoever ' s **** u move onto next nobody **** ing cares what you think, stop spreading lies and misinformation
Does reading own you? Mister team guy? That just means you spent enough money to get a discount. Been there before. I quoted their website so I sure am spreading lies.

Does reading own you? Mister team guy? That just means you spent enough money to get a discount. Been there before. I quoted their website so I sure am spreading lies.

I think you need to go take a rest and rethink before you type.

I thought after Fi released the FOAD design, the lead problem was fixed?

If so, why isnt the SP4 still an option?

The SP4 is a very nice sounding driver and is definitely out of the league compared to SQubed.

I owned some hd3s about 11yrs ago and they sounded like they were always playing in the xmech zone of other subs

All the time. Literally everything ive ran since sounds so much better.

DSS Trident is also another high end contender for good sounding spl.

Its a 2800wrms driver.

DSS rates their drivers to xmax. Its not a thermal rating.

To give idea, their ethos driver which is rated at 1700wrms can handle

2500wrms thermally daily and 6400w for 3min tested on machine.

So im sure the Trident is much more capable.

So let me get this right.. I quoted IA saying it was designed for SPL applications and I'm a lier? How the fu ck does that work?
for what it's worth, IA says the Death Rows are "SQL" and they are strictly SPL if you ask me, or atleast compared to a Tantric HD. Weren't musical in the least

I thought after Fi released the FOAD design, the lead problem was fixed?
If so, why isnt the SP4 still an option?

The SP4 is a very nice sounding driver and is definitely out of the league compared to SQubed.

I owned some hd3s about 11yrs ago and they sounded like they were always playing in the xmech zone of other subs

All the time. Literally everything ive ran since sounds so much better.

DSS Trident is also another high end contender for good sounding spl.

Its a 2800wrms driver.

DSS rates their drivers to xmax. Its not a thermal rating.

To give idea, their ethos driver which is rated at 1700wrms can handle

2500wrms thermally daily and 6400w for 3min tested on machine.

So im sure the Trident is much more capable.
no speculations. the following are facts. bird provide the foad lead photos
this is litz wire

YiB7n7

creped_nomex_410_profiled_litz_wire.jpg

this is a foad lead

IMG955477_zps0a6d98ff.png

IMG959278_zpsecb88eb9.png

this is an sp4 lead (ignore the fire part)

gallery_25835_2_1174499.jpg

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.