4k watts daily, what sundown subs to run ?

BlackNavDown

Currently I have two sa 12s and I simply want more. Going to upgrade but unsure what to run with my current setup. 300alt, d6500 under hood, xp3100 in rear, second amp ordered so strapped sundown svc2000ds, knu 0 gauge. This is all in a 2015 navigator so I have plenty of space in the rear for a ported setup just unsure what would be optimal for a clean 4k system. Was thinking two 15 Sundown X series, but then there is the single 18 zv4. Just looking for some guidance. Just want to do it right the second time around. Love my 12s but after only 3 months running them I have the itch for more.

Note: I want to stick with Sundown subs so not interested in other brands.

Thanks for any advice!

Jeffdachef,

Where would you suggest ordering from with the spl cone option. I've not seen that option offered on the online sites. Also I'm figuring you would recommend the 15s or were you suggesting to stick with 12s. I currently have a box built by Cherryman but the cutout for the Xs is larger than the SAs. So I figured I'd step up to 15s as I'll be getting a new box built regardless.

Jeffdachef,

I have an area of 46w x 36d x 20h I could build the box with more height if needed but I prefer it stay at the rear and rear side windows lower line. My custom box that my 12's are in are built to spec and looks stupid small back there.

TheFiverMan,

Thank you but I am looking to buy new.

MrFoca,

How does it sound ? What do you have pushing it ? Also, have you heard or compared it to any of the other Sundown line such as the X's and or two small Zv4's.

Jeffdachef,
I have an area of 46w x 36d x 20h I could build the box with more height if needed but I prefer it stay at the rear and rear side windows lower line. My custom box that my 12's are in are built to spec and looks stupid small back there.

TheFiverMan,

Thank you but I am looking to buy new.

MrFoca,

How does it sound ? What do you have pushing it ? Also, have you heard or compared it to any of the other Sundown line such as the X's and or two small Zv4's.
I do believe you should go for two 18s with a round port man. Well worth the jump if you have that much space. I played with some numbers with torres box calculator and I'm being very generous with a lot of bracing for a rock solid box, you'll still have close to 12 cubic feet even after all that bracing/port/subwoofer displacement.

jnR4B.jpg

Jeffdachef,

Two 18s is intriguing yet scary. Although, the cost difference isn't much so now I have to consider it. I was thinking the 2 X 15s on 4k and or the one 18 zv4 on 4k. Would those two setups sound close to the same ? With the two 18s I'm just afraid I won't have the space to mount the amps and battery. Be one helluva large box and I don't want to have to mount the amps directly to the box . Then again where there is a will, there is a way.

I tried two different boxes 5 cube tuned @ 30 per sundown. Sounded awesome, had a older box 7.3 tuned 27 with 2x6 aeros and that box sounded better than the one sundown Recommend.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.