2 2000 watt subwoofers vs 4 2000 watt subwoofer connected to 4000 watt amp0

I had 2 2000 rms watt subwoofers connected to a 4000 watt rms amp now I have 4 2000 rms watt subwoofers hooked up to the same 4000 watt amp which should be louder?
Skar Audio Dual 12" 5000W Loaded EVL Series Vented Subwoofer Enclosure | EVL-2X12D4
41YzT7BopKL._AC_SY400_.jpg
41IVXa+7H5L._AC_SY400_.jpg

Last edited:
Generally, if loudness is your goal, multiple subs will get you there the easiest, but random power ratings don't tell anyone much of anything about your equipment.

Wiring 4 of those together would make a .5 ohm load. That amp is not stable to .5 ohm.

That amp also has a 100 amp fuse rating so it's not going to do anywhere near 2000 watts rms.

If you have not bought the subwoofers yet I would recommend going a different route completly.

That amp *****, and for 4 1250w 12s? I'm assuming they're Evls? Prefab city too... yeesh. Whatever you do get a custom box designed & built. And legit power is a must, not some cheapo amp. Cone is king for sure but with 4 12s you'll need SOME power. This is 4 RS Gold 15s tuned 30hz in a Rav4, temporarily hooked up and wired 2 ohm on a Smart3. It's actually getting down. (not my amp or I'd try .5) Once he grabs another Smart 3 it'll be 1 ohm ea and a little beast. He's got a hi output alt and headway bank in there now, so I think another Smart is just the ticket.

2 prefabs might not be the best way imo.

Enclosure makes or breaks any setup

Last edited:
I just posted pictures of the pre wired enclosures I have bought but am waiting to be delivered and will post pictures after installed
That's going to be a disaster trying to stuff two of those in a trunk. Stick to one and have very reasonable expectations, I'm not sure if Earthquake has put out a good amp in like 20 years.

Pretty much the only thing id keep of your planned gear is the subs and without the prefabbed enclosure(s). Get a single enclosure that will accommodate all four subs. Maybe taramps 5k if you are short funds, and an 8k if you can, lots of electrical upgrades. Otherwise, get one pair of those subs and put the money saved into a better amp like a 3k. Lots of electrical upgrade still applies

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.