4 sa8 v3 tuning, air space, and rms

alright so i finished up the box for my 4 sundown sa8 v3s and after all displacement the subwoofers are left seeing .45 each, i called the techs at sundown and they say that will work since they "recommend" .5 to .75 per sub, now the box is going to have a 4x10 inch port tuning it to 38hz. Is that an ok tuning for these subs? i listen to all kind of music including hip hop, rock, and decaf so i wanted them to still be a bit punchy, what does everyone think? is it tuned to high? also they will be getting from around 1500w rms a pair, is that too much? i was thinking because of the minimal air space i could give them a bit more power

Did you factor in the port displacement already? One 4" aero isn't enough for 1.8 net cubes. I'd tune to 35 as per recs but 38 will work too.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

Did you factor in the port displacement already? One 4" aero isn't enough for 1.8 net cubes. I'd tune to 35 as per recs but 38 will work too.
yea thats with port displacement and thats the biggest port i could do, its ported to the side of the door and theres no where else for me to port

also what would be the advantages of 35hz tuning agains 38hz tuning

35 is what they (Sundown) recommend and from the testing I've done I agree. The odds are you'll have port noise and loss of output with one 4" aero but if that's all you have then try it out....

35Hz is the highest I would tune any type of enclosure. Simply because it will cover lows and higher frequencies. But anything 38 and higher and it prob won't sound great. And a popular tuning as well. You had mentioned decaf....that 38Hz tuning isn't gonna cover it. Decaf plays some very low notes.

Post a pic of your enclosure....curious to see what it looks like. Also what vehicle it's going into.

I don't understand why people question boxes after they build them then step back and ask on the forums.

35Hz is the highest I would tune any type of enclosure. Simply because it will cover lows and higher frequencies. But anything 38 and higher and it prob won't sound great. And a popular tuning as well. You had mentioned decaf....that 38Hz tuning isn't gonna cover it. Decaf plays some very low notes.
Post a pic of your enclosure....curious to see what it looks like. Also what vehicle it's going into.

I don't understand why people question boxes after they build them then step back and ask on the forums.
well its my first time building a ported enclose so i build around the space i had and i didnt have any kind of program to input the measurement into and i posted on here twice but not may people wanted to help

I was recalculating and if i do an 11.5 port it leaves me with 1.79 ft^3 of airspace for the woofers and each would see 0.4475 after displacement since only 9.75 of the port would be inside the box and would leave me with a tuning of a little bit about 36hz but not reaching 36.5hz. im kind of using the port calculator backwards and seeing how much air i can remove before removing too much. im not sure if that little airspace would choke the woofer

heres a pic of the enclosure, also its going in a nissan titan

20160813_165540_zpss2vit0hs.jpg

Thanks guys, theres also a beauty panel that matches the seat that clips to the front, ill be getting it back from the Upholstery shop tomorrow and post more pics. Now im just trying to figure out how my air space and port length is ganna work out

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.