4 ohm to 1 ohm

Participant count
  • Participant list

8Basshead9

Hey Guys/Gals,

Looking for some help here. I ditched Kicker and went written Pioneer and figured id get my hands dirty with the setup. Typically i buy loaded setups to save a headache.

Well i have no idea how to wire 2 DVC 4 ohm Subs to a 1 ohm load Amp. If it helps.

2 pioneer ts-w3003d4 and 1 Ds9601 Amp.

Help please

Hey Guys/Gals,
Looking for some help here. I ditched Kicker and went written Pioneer and figured id get my hands dirty with the setup. Typically i buy loaded setups to save a headache.

Well i have no idea how to wire 2 DVC 4 ohm Subs to a 1 ohm load Amp. If it helps.

2 pioneer ts-w3003d4 and 1 Ds9601 Amp.

Help please
lol i just took out my 3003 great sub peeps here won't believe me.. yeah wire each sub to 2 ohm and will see 1 ohm..

That is NOT the proper way....since I have dvc 4 ohm subs, the proper way is wire them both parallel to parallel...
JL Audio » header » Support » Tutorials » Tutorial: Wiring Dual Voice Coil (DVC) Subwoofer Drivers

Follow that chart, and you should be golden. Don't take Gramps advice...it's misinformation. Yet again.
wow no one said anything yet., was gonna reply at 3:30am but lag was so bad i gave up.. dude 2 2ohm subs to a mono amp is 1 ohm don't matter how u do it..

wow no one said anything yet., was gonna reply at 3:30am but lag was so bad i gave up.. dude 2 2ohm subs to a mono amp is 1 ohm don't matter how u do it..
Actually that's not quite correct. (2) 2ohm subs running in series and to a mono channel will yield a 4ohm total load. Running (2) 2ohm subs in parallel will yield a 1ohm total load to a single mono channel. So it does matter how you do it.

In the case of the OP he can either parallel the (2) 4ohm coils at the subs, then parallel the resulting (2) 2ohm subs at the amp for a total presented load of 1ohm. OR he can parallel all (4) 4ohm coils at the amp and still get a final presented load of 1ohm.

just to make sure I am understanding the terminology. DVc 4 oHm down to 2ohm would Be

Positive to Positive to Positive terminal Since its a sealed box and the same setup for negative, On both Woofers. Then From the outside terminals Both Negative terminals to the negative and both Positive to the Positive?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.