4 ipal 18 help

Participant count
  • Participants list

K9_Candyman

CarAudio.com Recruit
Germany
Hi everyone. Someone have a blueprint on how to made this kind of subwoofer box? i'm trying to figure out if the chambers are sealed or ported, in my country i never saw one of them.
Thank you.

Probably sealed. I think the whole idea is to just cram as much cone area as you can in.
Someone told me that this kind ok setup (subwoofer i mean) plays really loud on music in open space enviroment. Here in italy we don't play like you in america with weak front stages and really big subwoofer section standing inside the car, we play both doors open like in the photo, and it's called DJ style, but all the people play with normal subwoofer like sundown, and on normal music it lack the impact on chest. So i'm trying to figure out what can i buy to play really really loud on techno and edm, i want to feel the bass from behind the car

Someone told me that this kind ok setup (subwoofer i mean) plays really loud on music in open space enviroment.
As far as I know those are basically PA woofers and the correct cabinet for those would look like the stacks or "bins" you would see at a stadium or large outdoor concert. It is unlikely those woofers do much below 50hz and they definitely won't be terribly efficient in such small airspace.

Again, the whole point of that style (here a lot of Brazilian immigrants do this) is to just cram as much cone area as you can get. You don't really need efficiency because power is so cheap.

Where do you even go to play these sort of things? We had a few shows shut down by police when those things showed up in my region and many of the show organizers had to ban them from participating so that we could continue to have shows. They are extremely obnoxious.

I agree. The use of midrange speakers from PRV, Timpano, DS18 sound exactly like concert speakers. Very loud with little punch, also very popular around here amongst the younger crowd.
Only car I ever tapped out of was one of these <140 on the sub stage but just row upon row of PA mids and horns. It felt like being run over by 1000 ice cream trucks.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...