4 Flxx 15s @ 2 ohms On Crescendo bc 5500

Just saying you haven't proven "the haters" wrong. All you've done is baby 4 subwoofers because you think a magical break in period will solve the poor thermal characteristics of these drivers. What score are you putting up? How does it compare to a 5.5kw amp and 4 15"s that others are running? Until you've compared them fully and come out winning....you haven't proven a thing.

im not claiming to prove anything these are cheap subs but as u say they get loud an i like um for the price...but once im finished with all the corrections ill post a score but for now latest was 147 sealed i know thats low but i had just dropped my ohm load to .5 no excuses but ill get a higher score fer sure. when im done

Why does everyone tout where they have their gain set like it means something? If gain is at less than half and you have a 5v deck, you are probably at full power...

im not claiming to prove anything these are cheap subs but as u say they get loud an i like um for the price...but once im finished with all the corrections ill post a score but for now latest was 147 sealed i know thats low but i had just dropped my ohm load to .5 no excuses but ill get a higher score fer sure. when im done
I'm not here to hate at all, but I was doing a 147 sealed w/ 2 12s on less than 3k. Box was specifically designed for music too, not in any shape form or fashion a burp box. Sounds like you should rebuild your box if you are metering that low with the equipment you have.

Why does everyone tout where they have their gain set like it means something? If gain is at less than half and you have a 5v deck, you are probably at full power...
didnt know that, but then what happends when its 3/4 up an way louder? double full power

i know your not hatting **** i am myself i was expecting way more cuz i hit 146.7 with sundown 2500 an 4 alpine type r 15s @ .5

but im not done ima try a couple things but either way ive been looking for upgrades just looking slowly since i have these an there still goood lol

didnt know that, but then what happends when its 3/4 up an way louder? double full power
It more than likely means you are clipping. People are going to disagree with this, but it came from someone quite knowledgeable and the loudest in the nation for many years in the mid 90s.

He said you won't get loud until you introduce at least some square wave. Of course once you go full on clipping, the amplitude of said wave is going to be cut off, and it will actually get quieter (not to mention heat up them voicecoils quick). Still, you will noticed a marked increase in output once crossing into clipped territory. I notice this currently with my subs. I can run vol 60/62 on the deck all day long and it's loud sounds clean, coils never heat up. I get a nice gain at 61/62 but on a couple of the loudest songs I will start to smell the subs. 62/62 nets no gain over 61/62 and I can tell it introduces plenty of clipping from the HU.

I loved my flxx's. Had one fifteen in my accord getting 900ish rms clamped and once it broke in it never stunk or got hot. I think they get a bad name too quick without people actually using them. I have no complaints. But, yes there are way better subs, but for 140 bucks for a fifteen isnt bad

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.