4 Channel Amp Wiring

Participant count
  • Participant list

Xen

Now before I get into detail I just want to point out that I have seen and heard of the way of how to wire a 4 channel amp. I have even seen the howto from the Crutchfield site which is also btw more than 5 years old.

Now I have a 4 Channel amp, or had the amp installed in my Scion xB, which I had to remove because I ended up get an Eclipse. When Best Buy had wired my amp in my Scion, they didn't run the wires from the door speakers to my amp, instead they kept the factory wiring and ran the speaker wire from the amp and butt connected the amps speaker wire to the after market wiring harness. The just made sure that the wire harnesses speaker wire was no connected to the HU.

The only thing that was connected to the HU, was Ground, ACC, Illumination, Dimmer, Antenna, Remote(From Amp) and RCA(From Amp) for Sub Inputs. I was wondering if it was ok to continue to wire this way and avoid the frustration of running wires from the door and reduce clutter?

ht tp:/ /tiny .cc/IoWe2b

remove spaces to see image of example.

Last edited by a moderator:
yes wire from the amp to behind the h/u and wire directly into the harness (instead of speaker wire from h/u) remember to isolate (tape up) the unused wire

i use a product called 9 wire it provides all 4 speaker wires (color coded same as harness ) and also has a remote wire all in a nicely shielded case (bout the size of 4 gauge wire)

Aww sweet I like that 9 wire sheet, I will be making my order insta from there., Thank you soo much. I do however have one more question, does it matter what gauge I need. I have Rockford Fosgate P450.4 Channel Amplifier and The coaxial's I am running are Rockford Fosgate P1675(6.75) and Rockford Fosgate P1694(6x9), Of course then again I don't know if it will make a difference seeing the my door wires are stock wires running to back of HU.

Aww sweet I like that 9 wire sheet, I will be making my order insta from there., Thank you soo much. I do however have one more question, does it matter what gauge I need. I have Rockford Fosgate P450.4 Channel Amplifier and The coaxial's I am running are Rockford Fosgate P1675(6.75) and Rockford Fosgate P1694(6x9), Of course then again I don't know if it will make a difference seeing the my door wires are stock wires running to back of HU.
no the 9 wire is plenty big / I've run considerably more power thru it

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.