4 channel amp+mono amp - only 2 RCA outputs

johnniz13

Norway
Hi.

I`m seeking help within this forum and hopefully will get some input regarding the "best" method for connecting 6 RCA cables into 4 outputs. Hopefully the pictures I crafted (in a masterful manner lol) will explain it:

View attachment 26553217View attachment 26553218

Diagram 1 (on the left) is how I imagined it myself

Diagram 2 (on the right) is a "how to" video on youtube ca 07:55 into the video (

)
What method, if not another I haven`t though of is the "Best" one, I know none of them are ideal.

Thanks!

Buy 2 single male dual female y connectors and run them off the back of the rear/sub output on the deck that way you're still getting your front and rear fade on the 4 channel and getting left and right on the amp the way the video says to do it to me seems like it would lose quality

Sent from my HUAWEI Y536A1 using Tapatalk

Ok so you suggest running the y splitters out from the rear/sub outputs on the deck instead of front?

I have read somewhere that you loose voltage when using y splitters, and was thinking if the sub probably needs more voltage than the other speakers?

Yeah, that's why I seek help at this forum //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/redface.gif.62fdbfe1a101588a808c4cff71bcb942.gif

Also, what gauge power wire would you guys recommend for two small amps? The 4 channel is 500W (160RMS) and the two channel bridged is 240W (120RMS). I'm planning on running one power wire into a distribution block, and was wondering if 4 gauge would be preferred to 8 gauge, even with that low wattage's.

I know it is recommended to use same gauge power wire and ground wire, but I have seen people run 4 gauge from the battery and 2x8 gauge from the distribution block.

Yes I suggest running them off the back of the deck imo makes for a cleaner install and you keep the audio phasing right

Yeah, that's why I seek help at this forum //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/redface.gif.62fdbfe1a101588a808c4cff71bcb942.gif
Also, what gauge power wire would you guys recommend for two small amps? The 4 channel is 500W (160RMS) and the two channel bridged is 240W (120RMS). I'm planning on running one power wire into a distribution block, and was wondering if 4 gauge would be preferred to 8 gauge, even with that low wattage's.

I know it is recommended to use same gauge power wire and ground wire, but I have seen people run 4 gauge from the battery and 2x8 gauge from the distribution block.
8guage is fine up to 500watt RMS if you wanna be safe run 4 guage to the distribution block and 8guage from the block to the amp do the same for the ground.

Last edited by a moderator:
Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.