4 channel amp and 2 subs

Participant count
  • Participant list

stenz

Denver
Hi guy and gals.

I am new here and new to the car audio world. I just installed my first subs and am haveing some trouble.

My setup is Alpine 9883, MA Audio M500XE 1000w, 4 channel amp, 2 Alpine Type E 12's.

I am wanting to know what the proper way to set this up.

I have the subs bridged.

I am running a 4 channel RCA cable from my deck, which I am only using 2 inputs... the red/white. From there I am running on the other end "Y" adapters from the red and the white, so now I have 2 red and 2 white inputs at the amp side.

My questions are:

How should I run the RCA cables?

Should I use the 4 stereo outputs on my deck?

What should I have my amp settings at?

I had them hooked up today and one of the subs was louder and pushing harder then the other, how can I fix this?

Here are some pics of my amp.

Yeah,

I have the + to + and - to -. I am almost certain I have it bridged right.

I guess my big question is how should I wire this from my head unit to the amp.

If you're using the y-adapter pictured above. Then you should have one set of rca's from the sub outputs on the deck to the back. Then one of these adapters on the red, and on on the white. The adapter on the red should ultimately go to red only. So basically when looking at your amp. The one white input will have a white rca, the other will have a red,.....the same for red inputs. Not sure if i'm making my point. I guess a pic would help out better but that's not happening right now.

I get what your saying. I have the white going to the appropriate inputs and the red going to the appropiate ones.

Is this the correct way?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.