4 channel, 4 speakers and a sub

Participant count
  • Participant list

Fiorenini
10+ year member

PA
I have a Memphis pr100.4, DEH-3200UB head unit, JL12W3, and 4 6.5” door and hatch speakers. I may at some point get another 12” or 2 8” bazooka (I have had 6.5”s in the past and liked them). I am thinking about running the front and rears on the 1st and 2nd channels and the sub on 3rd and 4th. I was hoping an expert could help with specifics as to how best run them? It has been a while since I have played with any wiring so i was hoping to get some thoughts before proceeding. A link to an appropriate diagram or link to this being answered already.

Thank you all for your help,

Frank

I have a Memphis pr100.4, DEH-3200UB head unit, JL12W3, and 4 6.5” door and hatch speakers. I may at some point get another 12” or 2 8” bazooka (I have had 6.5”s in the past and liked them). I am thinking about running the front and rears on the 1st and 2nd channels and the sub on 3rd and 4th. I was hoping an expert could help with specifics as to how best run them? It has been a while since I have played with any wiring so i was hoping to get some thoughts before proceeding. A link to an appropriate diagram or link to this being answered already.
Thank you all for your help,

Frank
yep, you can do that. you run RCA's from the front HU output to the Ch 1 & 2 input on the amp. then connect front left and rear left to the left channel, and front right and rear right to the right channel. set HPF (high pass filter) around 100Hz. this assumes the speakers are 4 ohms.

then run another set of RCA's from the rear/sub HU output to the Ch 3 & 4 inputs on the amp. then bridge the 3 and 4 channels to the sub. set LPF (low pass filter) around 80Hz. this assumes you have a 4 ohm SVC sub.

Thank you for the reply,

That is what i kinda thought to do but could not have worked it out on my own so much appreciated.

Currently I have the Pioneer - TS-G1644R for highs and will set the HPF and LPF per your suggestion. If I were to add another sub, would my amp have enough power to push both? or should I just stick with 1?

I wouldn't do that.

Just run channel 1 to FL, Channel 2 to FR, HU rear's out to RL, and RR. Run channels 3 and 4 to the subs.

So stick with a single sub and run the front channels from the amp and rears on the HU?

It makes sense to run the fronts alone on the amp to give it more power and I assume the rears do not need as much because they are in back and mostly washed out by sub/s?

I wouldn’t do that.
Just run channel 1 to FL, Channel 2 to FR, HU rear's out to RL, and RR. Run channels 3 and 4 to the subs.

So stick with a single sub and run the front channels from the amp and rears on the HU?It makes sense to run the fronts alone on the amp to give it more power and I assume the rears do not need as much because they are in back and mostly washed out by sub/s?
You can do as many subs as you want. But yes, fronts output from the amp to the front speakers, rear output from the hu to the rear speakers. Sub output to the rear channels of the amp, and run rear channels bridged or stereo to a sub or subs.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.