4 Boss P156DVC Phantom 15" ported design help

Status
Not open for further replies.
all the people that say there garbage are you sayn this out of personal experience?

Let me try to help you, look with your eyes.

Cheap Garbage Sub

Pyle_PLPW15D.jpg

Cheap Garbage sub with plastic cover over motor and basket to make it look larger / better

p156dvc.jpg

real 15" subwoofer

z-v3-15-angle.jpg

See the difference?

i realize there not quality subs but i aint about to spend more on the system then the whole car.. idk

i realize there not quality subs but i aint about to spend more on the system then the whole car.. idk
I understand.

Unless you have a SUV or something big I do not see a 12 cubic ft box fitting.

Also to run a true 4,500 watt system it will cost over $1,000 and that is with buying smart.

if each sub only gets 500 rms each then that's 2000 also that video i posted is similar to my car so im thinking i could make it work.. i mean this aint my dream build.. this is my budget build.. people i talked to online are saying the same thing that if there hooked up right there is no distortion an is actually a decent sub.. also saying to stay away from there amps

You're hearing wrong. They are boss, and they are junk. If you want a cheap crappy sub that will actually work, look into audiopipe. Yes, the Boss subs will make noise. No, it won't sound good. No they won't last. No they won't take that power level. I'd go 500w at the very most. Something like this pile of junk would be much better: AUDIOPIPE TXX-BE15 15" 2000W DVC Car Audio Subwoofer : TXXBE15 : VMInnovations.comIn my opinion though, you'd be much better off saving up $30 or so more, and getting an OA-15. Those will actually sound good, and last, and easily take a clean 1k. Their 15" go for $150 plus shipping. They are really great budget subs. They are able to keep the price low by only using a word-of-mouth advertisement and putting their profits right back into the subwoofers.
I used to have that same AP sub. The only reason I got rid of it is because the surround design they used to have on it was poorly designed and went bad. They have since moved to a standard design. That sub was actually quite good for the money, and now that the surround has been improved, I would not hesitate to run it again. Far from a pile of junk, imo. And a great alternative to BOSS.

Qpower deluxe 15 is the best cheap sub.
There's always the QPower Deluxe's in the pawn shops around here. The ones that are double stitched with the bigger motors are pretty impressive for how cheap they are. Saw a guy at CarTunes here that had 3 15's and they got down! He only had about 1500 watts on all 3 but I was pretty impressed. Especially after he said they were 80 bucks a piece. Lol!

I think It was stated previously but you can get 2 Obsidian Audio 15's for about the same price as 4 of those Boss subs, or 2 Audioque SDC2.5 15's. The pair will be much better than the Boss woofers.

is there better out? yes. can these sound decent. yes. we did a build for 2 12 boss phantoms (customer already had them) and the sounded good in a proper enclosure. i do not recall how much power he had tho. it wasnt much-

so 2 quality subs will flex harder then 4 boss audio even with way less cone area being pushed?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...

About this thread

PIMPSLAPN

10+ year member
PIMPSLAPN
MI
Start date
Participants
Who Replied