4 - 8" Re x Box Build

manny1337
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
Mass
Finally i got around to getting a box made for my new re 8's. I had spltuscon cut the pieces and i went and picked them up. Took a nice 4 hours drive in total out to nh but it was worth it. spltuscon is a good guy and very easy to do business with. Does great work too. Got back home around 12 and got her finished up around 4ish. Box is 2.0 cf at about 35hz. I really wanted to get e8's in it but i couldnt find any. The re's arent that bad but id deff love to get my hands on some sundowns :-D. Anyways off to the pictures.//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

t5ok91.jpg

2cmxn3s.jpg

2ztetf8.jpg

ztu70p.jpg

2vsguoj.jpg

14khafd.jpg

btw check out all the orbs //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif. its not dust //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

what is that box tuned to ? - the port looks realley short for that much air space inside the box ...
Re read the desciption above again...it says it. Nice build btw, I woulda had the vent on the other side tho but thats me. Any particular material for a finish on the enclosure?

The port area is pretty small but its tuned too 35hz. I think i should make it a little bigger. I feel they arent at there full potential because of the small port area. I was expecting louder but im pretty sure its the box. They do sound good though. sq isnt far away from my idmax i own.

The square port area is 15, If i make the port 2" and add a 5" piece in the back to the L the area will go to 20. And it will still be tuned to 35hz. Should this help my issue?

Re read the desciption above again...it says it. Nice build btw, I woulda had the vent on the other side tho but thats me. Any particular material for a finish on the enclosure?
i was thinking of being lazy for now :-D. but once i change the port on it i might buy some carpet and glue and do that. might just leave it plain dont know yet

well since im a douche bag im having another box made. this time im not going to try to design it :-D. spluscon will be doing all the work =P. i love having the abilities to do all this work with none of the tools/work space but whateverrrr.

pic of updated box

8wjody.jpg

r9pnqr.jpg

28l6k46.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.