4 18" konaki's 16k soundigital.

SSPX0098.jpg

SSPX0099.jpg

SSPX0096.jpg

SSPX0097.jpg

the placement is still off (a lot) imo
but looks pretty good other then that
I have 16 mids in this van. and figured i could afford to angle them around. the door area is tight, and i wanted them like that.

I was hoping you would show pics of how you wrapped the pods and fiberglassed them direction is weird in my opinion but it is different. I need midbass in my car, unfortunatly i only have 5.25 i know i need to upgraded to 6.5 but do i have to do pods and get an enclosure for them to sound good or do they have mids that do good in free air in the door. Just lookin at my options.

Build looks nice, no clutter or argument, looking forward to seeing this van next show!!! //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

I was hoping you would show pics of how you wrapped the pods and fiberglassed them direction is weird in my opinion but it is different. I need midbass in my car, unfortunatly i only have 5.25 i know i need to upgraded to 6.5 but do i have to do pods and get an enclosure for them to sound good or do they have mids that do good in free air in the door. Just lookin at my options.
Build looks nice, no clutter or argument, looking forward to seeing this van next show!!! //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif
i'll show the material. and how i wrapped it. its wrather easy believe it or not. just when your going big like this you have a lot of dry time and materials and actual fiber glass is needed.

i started with a stretchy material. like a kids blanket type material(fleece). just a plain cloth thats a little fuzzy. it holds the resin good.

1.) get a base form ( like the mdf i originally had on the doors to start),

2.) set up your speaker pod, (the mdf ring angled and supported behind)

3.) take a piece of fleece and stretch it over the top around the back side,

use a staple gun and staple it into the back side after you stretched it over your pod on the front and pulled it tight.

4.) once its all tight and your happy with the attachment, placement you can mix up some resin and hardner and start soaking the fleece all the way through and let dry, one more coat will make it really stiff.

you might not even need fiberglass.

nice progress james.
i want to throw the 16k in and test it. but imma wait till i get my speakers in the doors and all the mids working. i got a fukin hard on thinkin about it. and i go to bed thinking about door panels and waking up ready to build.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

sub-FATHER

10+ year member
Resurecting this sport
sub-FATHER
denver, CO.
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date