4 12s need help on brand anybody post what they think rockford vs orion

jose_hdz646
10+ year member

im going with 4 12s i already have 4 rockford fosgat p1 subs running at 2 ohms 1000 watts rms i hate it cuz i have the amp a little under half ways of everything so i dont blow the subs my amp is 1 ohm stable which is 2000 watts rms at 1 ohm its an auto tek mean machine and i plan on upgraging to either 4 rockford fosgate p3s or 4 orion xtr pros the ones that are rated 500 watts rms 1000 max so what do you guys think i open to any ideas so please help and when i upgrade do you think i will be able to hit at least 143. dbs cuz with these p1s i hit 135.00 dbs anybody just post what you think or any other subs that you might think i should go with

PLEASE let us help you, you are about to spend enough money to buy subs that are twice as good.

Rockford makes great amps, their sub woofers are decent, but for the money there are better subs to be had.

Give us a budget, and you'll get lots of good suggestions, but you would be cheating yourself if buy those P3s

^^^totally agree, for example, alpine type r's are about the same price and are much better subs (still not awesome, but better), but if your dead set on one or the other, orion is made by DEI who has been known for there quality mobile electronics. I know I am going to get crap about this from other members but for what you would pay for p3's I would get JBL power series, they are a really nice sounding sub

ok every body im going with the p3s or orions cuz i can get four for about 400 or 450 and i already have a good amp for the subs and i like having a big bang in the trunk so what do you guys recomand and to get a one ohm load i need them to be dvc 2 ohms right

You sir are about to buy 450-500 worth of junk. You will be rebuying within a year so as soon as you buy them go ahead and start saving for some new ones..

Buy 2 of these and be happy and satified with your purchase. Sure 4 12's wiull have more cone area but other then that the exo's would destroy anything you have so far listed. Hell I would put my money on the 2 exo's being better then 2 t1's or t2's. Buy quality the first time.

http://www.diycable.com/main/product_info.php?cPath=24&products_id=693

ok every body im going with the p3s or orions cuz i can get four for about 400 or 450 and i already have a good amp for the subs and i like having a big bang in the trunk so what do you guys recomand and to get a one ohm load i need them to be dvc 2 ohms right
why even post if you dont listen, dont waste your money on rockford subs. clear and simple.

jose... YOUR SCREWING YOURSELF HOMIE!!

theres is better to be had for the price... why have a "good" amp (as you say) and put shiity subs on it.?!?!?!?!

jose... YOUR SCREWING YOURSELF HOMIE!!

theres is better to be had for the price... why have a "good" amp (as you say) and put shiity subs on it.?!?!?!?!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.