4 12" eye candys or 2 FI BL's

Haha im sitting there like "Wtf 6in? Did this kid just do a 6in line of coke?"
my guess is because he said 18's that hes thinking 18's are 6" bigger than 12's... which is still way off from how you calculate cone area, but im getting tired of telling people how to figure out

Cone area is half of the cones diameter, squared, times pie.
12" sub = 6x6x3.14 = 113sq.in

Quite simple, really.
Also need to take into consideration that you don't have 12" worth of cone either. Best bet is looking at the sd figures(if you can find them, I know fi publishes them but I doubt audiopipe does). Then you also have to consider how each company rates their sd...do they do just the cone, 1/3 surround, 1/2 surround?

what are eye candies?

These are them..

eyecandy.jpg

Also need to take into consideration that you don't have 12" worth of cone either. Best bet is looking at the sd figures(if you can find them, I know fi publishes them but I doubt audiopipe does). Then you also have to consider how each company rates their sd...do they do just the cone, 1/3 surround, 1/2 surround?
finally... someone who knows!!!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.