4 10s sealed

Port is at the bottom of the box, side port facing the door. I was inside n when he pulled up I felt the floor of the house vibrating. Yes the sq beats the Sa12s but his pioneer head unit on 30 is to my pioneer head unit on 17-20 n I still got 10 more to go. Looks like 3 cubes to me, I wouldn’t spend $2000 on jl door speakers, w6s, box, setup.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
where the volume is at is only relative to how you set your gains. if you have your gains already high or close to maxed out, going up higher on your volume will just blow your subs. Meanwhile he could have set his gains near zero and just relied on a powerful signal from the head unit instead.

Comparing who's volume knob is higher or lower is really dumb dude.

I could’ve explained it differently, I wasn’t really comparing dude, what I meant is I can tell the difference between the Sa12s and the w6s ON THE SAME AMP. We both got a Orion xtr2500, we both set it with 40hz tones his amp has to be turned down lower because he can only do 1200w rms I can do 2400w rms so do u see where I’m going with this? If his subs could take more wattage then it’d be a different story. Long story short the Sa12s can take double the w6s

Port is at the bottom of the box, side port facing the door. I was inside n when he pulled up I felt the floor of the house vibrating. Yes the sq beats the Sa12s but his pioneer head unit on 30 is to my pioneer head unit on 17-20 n I still got 10 more to go. Looks like 3 cubes to me, I wouldn’t spend $2000 on jl door speakers, w6s, box, setup.

if his port is block by the door that may not be great location.. i don't like jl just because of the prices but as others have said if u buy it used it's good stuff for the $ at least the w6 &7.. for the $ i'd get the sa too..

I could’ve explained it differently, I wasn’t really comparing dude, what I meant is I can tell the difference between the Sa12s and the w6s ON THE SAME AMP. We both got a Orion xtr2500, we both set it with 40hz tones his amp has to be turned down lower because he can only do 1200w rms I can do 2400w rms so do u see where I’m going with this? If his subs could take more wattage then it’d be a different story. Long story short the Sa12s can take double the w6s

okay clears it up but The subs should be able to handle way more if the box was built around that kind of power you guys are throwing at it. at 1 ohm, a pair of SA 12s will eat up everything that orion has and then some. I'd also throw away the dmm method and rely on heat, noises, change in pitch and if the setup stops getting louder.

DMM method does not account for box rise, heat, or bass recordings in music. Thats all based on your own understanding of your system. It only gets you to a ballpark but you'll be either screwed on output with too strong of a test tone or you might be clipping if your test tone is too low. We dont play test tones we play music.

Yup exactly, tried to tell him the Sa12s or even the x was better for the money, some people just prefer to get their system installed the same day instead of waiting for the mailman to deliver. I’d say he’d paid 4 times more for 1/2 the power. To each their own.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.