4 10 inch jl subs

Participant count
  • Participant list
I was wondering, should I add 2 more jl 10 inch subs, for a total of 4... or just buy 2 12 inch jl higher grade subs and just run 2 12's....and I use a sealed box, currently the 2 10's are on a 600x1 monoblock jl amp, I would buy another monobolock for the other 2 10,s...thanks:up2somet:

What model subs are you running? What are you aiming for? Louder I take it? If so, put the 10's in a ported box instead of a sealed. That'll increase the sound quite a bit.

10wov3 jl subs .. I want louder, I listen to more rock than anything, but I like good bass, I have 4 5x7 jl's for highs amped with a jl 4 chanel, doors are hushmatted, next month im upgrading factory head unit to a kenwood touchscreen, I have a 2011 ford edge...I use sealed, for the better response,,,thanks

w0 is garbage..... I personally don't run no jl under w6.... get two w6's 10's or 12's or add the 2 more 10's but the problem is more your enclosure than anything.... I'd look at getting a ported enclosure first then if your still not happy go bigger or more.... and I know you think the sealed enclosure sounds better, but my dad is straight SQ and was running a JL 10w6 in a sealed as all he listens to is techno.... I got him 2 8's AB xd in a small ported box tuned to 32hz and I must say they were cleanier, faster response, and sounded better than the Jlw6 10 .... Its all about how you use what you got.... I'll never go back to sealed again unless space calls for it.....

maybe just add one more 10 and make a custom ported enclosure and you should be fine if you just want a little bit louder. W-0s are what they are, just 300 rms subs accurately rated, doesnt get low but it does make some nice sounding bass for rock and stuff. Definitely not worth full retail price though. If you seriously want to get loud Sub Woofers - SSA STORE browse around, any of those choices are guaranteed to be way louder JLs while sounding great.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.