3ch or 5ch??? Need help

Participant count
  • Participant list

66ca
10+ year member

im putting together a little system to go in my car and now all i need is an amp. The car is an 89 corvette convertible. Will be using an Alpine HU with 5 1/4 in doors and i think 6 1/2 behind seats. Also has a 10 in a sealed box behind seats. Im not looking for window rattling bass or something to blow me out of the car, just good clean sound with a little bass.

Just not sure on getting a 3ch or a 5ch. WAs gonna go with a 5 to run everything. Dont want to spend a butt load of money either....between 200 and 350.

Any ideas??

Id recommend a 4ch amp.Run front stage off the amp,and bridge the 3/4 ch for the sub..rear speakers Id run off HU power with a bass blocker

me personally, i'd run a 5 channel. active for front components, channels 1 and 2 to the tweeters than channels 3 and 4 to the mids, and sub channel to the sub. that's just me. I wouldn't bother with the speaker behind the seats.

hmmmmm, lots of great ideas. The PP amp looks good, and reasonable too.

So i guess im wanting more sound coming from the ft speakers correct?

I'm not sure if it matters, but since there is no backseat, the rear speakers are right behind the seats. And they are actually closer to your head than the speakers in the doors. Don't know if that matters

Well I ordered the Precision Power amp.

Had a few questions.....

The Alpine HU I'm going to install has 3 RCA outputs on the back, a front, a rear, and a sub output. Which one do I use to run the amp to run the front speakers and the sub? And if I'm going to run the rear speakers off the HU, which speaker wires do I use for them, the ft or rear wires?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.