36 or 38hz tuning too high?

it will get fairly low, yet still get fairly high, its not too high for a daily setup at all. i have mine tuned to 33hz, and sometimes its a bit low, to about 37 or so should be just fine imo

this is gonna be my first ported box and im wondering b/c recomended tuning is 36-38hz and i'd set my subsonic at like 25hz is it still gonna hit the real low bass ??
Way too high for SQ and the filter is too low to prevent damange.

Your Subsonic filter needs to be very close to your tuning frequency. Probably no less than 35hz in your case with a Q between 0.7 and 1 or somewhere around there.

The idea is to create a symmetric excursion graph of the diaphragm based on the tuning frequency. The excursion should be close to 0 at tuning frequency and then have two symmetric parabolas right below and after it. In your case, the one right below tuning frequency will be very large and you'll risk over driving your speaker at no extra output benefits because below tuning frequency you lose ~24dB every octave or so. So at 28Hz you have no useable output left anyway and your driver will be going nuts as far as excursion goes... you'll just be buring the clutch at that point.

It's really dependent on the subs you're using and your personal tastes. With my current sub, there is no way in hell I would tune over 35hz. I sometimes want it lower than 29hz where it is currently tuned.

see thats the problem. i love the bass in both of those songs. bia bia is great cause it freakin slams. but i love that low bass that will rattle pictures off the wall. the Fs on the subs is 30hz which is just the drop off. i could call treo and give them measurements of my truck so they could get the resonant freq., but it recomends 36-38hz. it will be a 5cube ported with 2200rms

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.