300watt rms to cdt-60 /tw25

Xprime4
10+ year member

****in' canadian
Hi car audio fanatiks,

I got those speakers online from woofersect and they were playing great on 100watt rms but maybe not clean enough when loud at 100watt rms. I guess i was clipping the amp a little.

So i decide to bridge my 4 channel mb quart pa400.1 to get 2x 300watt rms@4ohm. I put it on those speaker with gain real low for the shake of testing.

in the end, they play a lot better and i've been pushing the gain as much as when i was giving them 100watt rms. So my guess is that i'm realy giving them the 300watt rms to each of the two crossovers. I've hpf them at around 115-120hz and there's no bottoming out. They don't seems to scream for helDp neither.

Do you think it's too much? the tw-25 tweeters is rated 110watt rms and the woofer too. I'm way overpowering them but a lot of people seems to do that to components on the web with no problems. Do you think they'll last? They sound so awesome with 300watt rms. It's **** loud, unclipped, detailed, i see no problem for now //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/confused.gif.e820e0216602db4765798ac39d28caa9.gif

i assume those are the CL-60 set? Well get rid of the crossover that is with them. The crossover isn't that good with them, also putting 300rms even at low gain isn't good for them when you crank it up. just run them off of channels 1 and 2 at 40hm and you'll be fine. People do overpower them but with a different crossover or run them active. If you have questions about them feel free to ask me.

I'm surprised those crossovers aren't melted yet. I blew one of mine and I was probably only giving them around 80 watts.

80watt? were they clean? How many months did they work well?

i'm not too satisfied with 100watt rms that's why i went higher.

The amp is good quality and I would be surprise if Mb quart overrated it. I read somewhere in a german review that it would do 93watt rms@4 at 13.8v.

What are the crossover suggestion? why are those bad? They look pretty solid and not cheap. I don't know if i got the satnet 400 or 480. All i know is that i've got the tw-25 tweeters and they realy shine with approx 250watt +.

I read few times on the web that the tweeters are suppose to shut down if the crossover get too much power. They still play in my case, pretty weird uh?

For now they really seems to enjoy that power but is it possible that over time... the coils start to burn slowly??? That's my main question

i don't think i could smell the woofer since it's kinda seal in the door, but i could play them real loud for a long period then remove the woofer and smell the coil and the magnet.

"Why do you need a crossover point of 500hz to run active? "

active is without additionnal crossover right? if i want to run the woofer off 2 channel and the tweeters off 2 channel, i would need a crossing point for the tweeters around 3k right

Do you still run them at 150watt rms? what crossover are u using?

"Why do you need a crossover point of 500hz to run active? "

active is without additionnal crossover right? if i want to run the woofer off 2 channel and the tweeters off 2 channel, i would need a crossing point for the tweeters around 3k right

Do you still run them at 150watt rms? what crossover are u using?

The cdt cl-61 are the same woofer (cl6) than my model right? the only difference is that they come with the tw-25? So in the end, i've got the same model as you

got lot of answer in like 20min then nothing //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif

what's the difference between cdt cl-s60a and cdt cl-s61a? is it only the tweeter (tw25)

What should i look for the smell? the crossover?

Why don't the tweeters shut past 100w rms like they suppose to with the satnet 400?

No, I turned the gain down after I started smelling coil on the left mid.

500hz is right in the middle of the idle range for a mid to play.

Depending on the tweeter/midrange pair, generally the crossover point for the two is somewhere between 3khz and 6khz. The mid should be able to play down below 200hz, where a midbass picks up down to ~80hz. (If only a 2-way system, then the midrange will play down to 80hz)

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.