3 way component systems?

Participant count
  • Participant list

Gordie

Hey, sorry about asking such a stupid question, but I'm looking to upgrade my speakers in my Silverado.
I've seen 6-1/2" 3-way component speaker systems. From the pictures shown of these systems, it appears that there are 3 different speakers involved?
I get that the tweeters would go up in my dash and the 6.5" speakers in my doors, but what about the midrange speakers?? Where would they go??

They go in vehicles that have factory 3 way speakers.

If yours doesn't it will have to be custom built.

3 way 2.jpeg

also.. I would put the crossovers either under each seat up front or under dash so they get some air to keep cool. DO NOT PUT THEM IN THE DOORS> Can Possibly get wet and get ruined

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...

Similar threads

I’ve tried it in 3 different vehicles and multiple locations. Rear deck is best for me. Unless it’s a midbass I don’t want anything in the rear...
Crutchfield can tell you what speaker will fit your car. for subs, Image Dynamics and Adire are still around. my last sub i bought was from...
I’m sure they will be a good budget setup. I think they will lack some midbass but door treatment is super important so definitely be sure to do...
Sound deadening and door preparations are key to getting the best results towards more SQ oriented within the vehicle, as well as speaker locations

About this thread

Gordie

Gordie
new hampshire
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from
audiobaun