3 pairs of 12s...cant decide. DC, DD3500, FI Qs

Participant count
  • Participant list

Lonnie
10+ year member

6'6 White Giant
Yea...can't decide which for sure. Here in a week I will be setting my trunk up with deadner and working on a box. Subs won't be ordered till 23rd. But yea...narrowed it down to these 3.

DC level 4s, DD3500, and fully loaded fi qs.

Low on trunk space...will only have 5 cubic feet to work with. Might be able to squeeze another foot if I toss the current trunk hinges and fabricate something else. That is with me having space for a amp rack and a couple batteries. Probably also throw a fan in there to help circulate air to the amps a bit more...sub ports should so the trick..but my trunk gets hotttttt. Won't hurt anything right?

Will be doing a xx Hercules to the subs. Going for low clean bass...considered sundown saz2000 but the Hercules just looks bad ass and will do what I want it to for less. Idc if its a lot older than the sundown. Will be a refurb from ebay more than likely.

Also will be selling a 18" evo/sackett sub capable of 2k watts daily, a kinetic hc1800, and a ap15001d for $400+shipping in about a week...just a heads up //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

hercules are kick ass amps. Try em all!
Nukka xx series Hercules are like the shiz for power efficiency and output.

Also can't try em all yo...i ain't made of money like some of the folk on here. Whatever i decide on will be the furthest ill go...unless I get a suv, a hhr, or even a ole station wagon. Only cars im interested in if I get rid of my grand am.

I vote lvl4 as they do better in smaller boxes than the others. The 3500's will not like the kind of space you'll have after sub/port displacement, which will be less than 4ft^3.

Are you serious.....

You want to stuff 6 - 12" subs into 5 cubes before displacement, port, and bracing? Even sealed.....

Do 4 - 12" DC Lvl 3 subs in a sealed enclosure. You will be much happier. And they will take 4k rms.

Are you serious.....
You want to stuff 6 - 12" subs into 5 cubes before displacement, port, and bracing? Even sealed.....

Do 4 - 12" DC Lvl 3 subs in a sealed enclosure. You will be much happier. And they will take 4k rms.
Lol re read my post slowly. Only doing 2 12s...would love to do 2 15s...but can't due to space in trunk. Car is a 4 seater and always will be.

Nah dont have the power supply for 5k watts. Set on 2k with like 200ish off of a 4 channel to some comps. Not decided on what amp or components yet though. Got a 270 amp mechman...but gets a little dimming just from my audiopipe. They are freaking power hogs though...hoping the hifonics will be fine with it =S.

2k watts is plenty for me...and 4 12s is overkill. Only wanting to spend around $1000 on 2 subs and a amp. Also 5 cubes would be pushing it.

2 lvl 3's in a 4 cube box on 2k watts would slam. Tune it low. You don't need lvl 4's. The 3's can take 1k each daily no problem. Save the cash and get 3's not 4's. Run pipe, and get another batt or upgrade to a group 31 with the money you saved.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.