3 inch lift for silverado??

infinity1412
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
ocala fl
hey, i have a 2002 chevy silverado single cab short bed, im wantin to add a body lift to it, but the front looks like it sits a few inches lower then the back, im wanting to put some 32 inch mud terrains on there, anyways, i was wondering where i can find a body lift kit that u can just raise the front 3 inches and leave the back alone, and whats the best price i can get one for? thanks

mike

you cant do that. body lifts HAVE to lift the entire body from the chassis. no 2 ways about it. if the front is low there are ways to remedy this. im not sure of the suspension in front, but yo can get 2 inches of lift out of the front suspension a few diff ways im sure.

You can twist your torsion bars in the front to get a good 2 inches out of the front....but thats if you have torsion bars //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/woot.gif.aaa6090e619a97b6090d16dd863c5a69.gif

oh and i forgot...since it is a pickup you can just lift the cab and not lift the bed with a body lift but your bed and cab will not line up any more. if you dont mind looking like a retard you can do that.

if the truck is on coils then yes for coil spacers. if it has torsion bars dont crank them. it messes up the trucks handling and the suspension will not flex properly. this is a ghetto way of doing it. i build trucks in my spare time. take my word on this.

torsion bars should do it. Body lifts look like crap if you ask me. And dont run 32's your only going to put any sort of lift in that truck. run 32's just like it is. One thign i cant stand is when people put a 4inch lift in some and only 33's. Waste of time and money. My brother runs 34'' swampers with no lift in the winter. Hes running 285 swamper SSR's right now with no lift or anything. just my $0.02

X2..suspension is the way to go.The coil spacers shoudlnt be too pricey,depends on what brand and where you get them.When I did my jeep i did rancho add a leafs in the rear*2in.* and rancho front coil spacers*1 3/4 in.*And its looks pretty level.But theres all sort ..old man emu, skyjackers, rancho and so on.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.