3 HE2's on a MONO Amp -> HOW TO WIRE?

Participant count
  • Participant list

rayan66
10+ year member

I gotta 1200.1 Class D amp. THe AMP has the following plugs for speakrs...

{ L + - } { + - R }

I have 2 HE2's, and each one is on a sepearate channel mono'd together by the amp. I want a 3rd speaker. How do I wire in a 3rd speaker? Can someone tell me if it's possible to do this on this amp? Is there a general way to do this? I don't know if I can bridge the left and right speaker plug on the amp, becuase it's a MONO amp -> it's not possible to monobridge a mono amp!

aaaaaaaaaah. confusion. Thanks for any help.

http://www.viper.com/audio/viper/amps/amp_classd.asp

yeah, I have a website book marked on how to wire subs together like that, but i was more concerned on how to hook the 2 wires that come off the 3 subs wired together onto the amp.

~ Rayan

Will you amp handle the load if you wire them all paralle....sh1t I see what your saysing now.....This might sound dump but I don't know what will happen if you go + to + to + then - to - to - and then just connect the two lose ends....(Warning I have never tried this and I don't know the outcome of doing so!)

Adam Chandler

A JBL 1200.1, right? Well you can get a 2.67 mono load with those 3 He's. Series them at the speaker. Then parallel the three speaker wires......2.67 mono. That should get most of the power out of your amp. No other realistic options from those 3 4 ohm dvc's.

nooooo.

my problem is that...

my VIPER (aka DEI) amp is 1200.1 . I thought there would be only 2 wires (+ and -) for one speaker, hence it being a mono amp. (d class too), but there are plugs for a left and right speaker. THat's what puzzles me. But now that i have 2 subs, i want 3. So, where do I plug the 3rd speaker into?

I don't know if I can take the + from the left channel and take the - from the right, and bridge it. is there a genearl rule of thumb?

~ Rayan

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.