3.5" coaxial dash speakers

SteelKiller
10+ year member

Portland
I had a set of the Kenwood Exeleon 3.5" with the 6x9 woofer in the door. The glue on the 3.5 woofer seems to have separated and now sounds like ass. Only had them 2 years off deck power, volume limited at 28 to not send distortion. The door woofers and tweeters in the 3.5's sound great still but I'm looking to replace the 3.5's. Any recommendations on a 3 5" coaxial that will handle 50 watts rms? If not I will just grab another set for 89 bucks and call it. Rms 50 watts is coming from my RF 300x4 that I am installing this weekend fyi.

I was looking at these one day recently. It would be hard to beat the 2 year warranty on the Kenwood from Crutchfield though. Kind of hard to find a decent 3.5 coax. to handle some power and to sound halfway decent
Other than that.. I was thinking about some ABS for a cut out and mounting plate to get some CDTs in place

Had some!!! Pretty sure it was sun damage or the wife!!!!
I can expand on the wife......she has been driving my truck and hooked her iPhone up to Bluetooth. Volume ALL the way up on the phone and sending that distorted crap sound. I'm sure the location in the dash getting direct HOT sun on them didn't help where the cone connects either with that distortion!!! Oh well, at least it's a cheap fix!!!

Any ideas on how I can not have this happen on the next set?

Use a windshield shade when parked in the sun. Park in parking garages. A carpeted dash mat can help a little. Mount the speaker elsewhere. Put your hand up there by the defroster vents after you've driven a while in the sun and it'll be hot as fucc despite the fact that you've been running AC.

Any ideas on how I can not have this happen on the next set?
Ya man. Not a whole lot can be done for in dash speakers being exposed to the sun especially while driving around other than eliminate them completely. I use sunshades in all my vehicles when at Idle or not driving at all. Yet, I do not have in dash speakers. Just speakers in A-pillar locations/Stock Pillar mainly

Windshield shade or a light colored towel on the dash when you’re parked. Park in the shade, have the rear of the vehicle face the sun, keep the windows down a little bit and perhaps tint the windows if they aren’t already

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...