SOLD 3 12" Bp 1201's, custom swappable/pluggable ports box, 144.4db!!!

Participant count
  • Participant list

jibberjive
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
SLC, UT
Hello, my system is 3 Blueprint 1201 12" subs. They are comparable to JL W3, Comp VR's, Infinity perfect, etc. They handle 400W RMS each. I have a completely custom box that measures 31" W X 29" L X 18.5" Tall. The box is common chamber and braced extremely well. It's about 7ft^3. It's made out of 3/4" MDF and has a double layered baffel, 1.5" MDF! It's ported with a changeable/pluggable port system. It has 3, 4" round PVC ports that are tuned to 41hz for competeing. The ports have connectors inside the box that allow me to put on extra length of ports to tune it lower for daily driving. I've got the sections to add to tune it to 21hz, but that tune was too low so you can cut and inch or two (or whatever) off of the length and have it tuned to anywhere beteween 21 and 41hz. I also have port plugs painted the same as the box that seal off the ports to make a sealed box. When sealed, these are the best sounding subs I've personally heard. I listen to it sealed for daily driving. I goes deep and is smooth but is still punchy on bass drum kicks. It has very quick transient response and a Qtc of about .7. I have the subs inverse mounted because they have chrome magnet structure, which looks better than the cone. The subs are definitely not made more for looks than performing though. They are upfiring with the 3 ports on the baffel also. The box is perfectly sanded with all the cracks and seams bondoed and sanded. The edges are rounded. You can't see any seams or anything, it looks like a solid concrete box (because the paint is a grey fleckstone paint). It's got grey fleckstone textured paint that has flecks of white, black, and grey with 2 layers of primer below and a gloss finish on top. You could easily sand off the top and paint it whatever color you want to match your car because all of the hard work is done for you (bondo, sanding, primer,etc.). I entered on local comp just to see what I would meter and ended up winning it. With the box tuned to 41hz in the back of a Grand Cherokee I hit a 144.4db legal at the dash, windows rolled up. This was at a SLAP comp with the new AC mic which some are saying is the stiffest AC mic yet. I metered it sealed just for fun and hit 139.8db. I got loudest of the day and won my class (although it was a somewhat small comp). The box was made to fit perfectly beteween the spare tire and the wheel well with the height the exact level of the top of the back seat in the back of my 94 Grand Cherokee. My spare tire in the back is bigger than stock (31 X 10.5) so this would most likely fit in most SUV's, but it's definitely too big for a car. I have pics of it, just not on computer and I don't have a scanner. If you're interested though, I can get them scanned. I've had my share of more bass than I need and would love to have a Brahma 15 or XXX 15 or comparable sub.

I am trying to sell it locally asking $420obo ( The box alone cost me over $250) but I'll consider trade for a Brahma or comparable sub and mabye a little money or something. Any intrest at all email me at jibberjive@aol.com

Nice to know that I'm not the only one who has encountered a stiff AC...the new ones with the white microphone vs. the old black ones are much stiffer. In fact in USaci I did about a db down from our Terrasonde X meter which is supposed to read about like a Linear X. Who knows...I hate all these new different mics, so hard to compare numbers these days.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.