3/0 OFC Big 3 and general cables

RAM_Designs
5,000+ posts

SketchUp Master
Rockwall, TX
Item(s) for Sale:

3/0 (and 1/0 available) OFC wire with tin-plated (to resist corrosion) copper ring terminals, finished with an adhesive-lined (to again, resist corrosion) heat shrink tuning. These are hydraulically crimped, best transfer of power from wire, through terminal, to batt/ground/etc. that you could ask for.

Item(s) Description/Condition:

Made to order, contact me for a custom quote if your order requires more than 12ft of wire.

Price:

$70 shipped for 1/0

$95 shipped for 3/0

Shipping and Miscellaneous Item Information:

Shipping included in the price.

Item Pictures:

(List pictures in this section, 1st picture should be your username/date if you have less than 10 positive feedbacks with the i-Trader system or less than 10 references that you have sold to in the past. (These must be listed in your signature, or a link provided to a feedback thread listing these references)).

I think its $95 for the whole big 3 kit but with a total of 12 ft, which is what the SHCA and All those contain like 3,3,4 right?

So $8 a foot? That doesn't add up

This is a service, not just wire, not just the supplies to do it...but to have it done, and have it done right. And, to have it done to the dimensions you want, not a predetermined length of a general Big 3 kit. If you don't need that service, then it's not for you. Also, the $8 per foot you mentioned includes ring terminals, heat shrink tubing, shipping, and my time. It's not like I'm asking $8 per foot for a 12ft length of wire.

Lugs are like $2, the 3/0 is $2-3 a foot. I can make a big 3 kit for $40 using all the same exact stuff in here, if I buy in bulk even cheaper. It's just someone who got a deal on wire and is trying to capitalize. Electron Beam has deals on 3/0 all the time for cheap. And it's also 100% copper.

Lugs are like $2, the 3/0 is $2-3 a foot. I can make a big 3 kit for $40 using all the same exact stuff in here, if I buy in bulk even cheaper. It's just someone who got a deal on wire and is trying to capitalize. Electron Beam has deals on 3/0 all the time for cheap. And it's also 100% copper.
Then do it yourself, no one is stopping you. A lot of people don't have to tools to do it right (hydraulic crimper, heat gun), or just want a professional looking set of cables. The lugs are $1 each, they're not cheap POS lugs. And if you can do it yourself for $40, add $12 shipping on top of that, $3 for PayPal fees...and you come out to $55 total cost to have one shipped out. I am using Electron Beam wire, 100% OFC. I'm basically doing cost of materials, times 2, plus shipping. This is a service, and it takes time to do it. This is not for the person who wants to DIY their own cables, obviously. It's also not a charity.

So you're going to turn down customers and money? You don't know much about good business practices do you
Not worth it to run out of wire early and have to make a call to order $250 more in order to get free shipping to keep my costs as low as possible, sorry. I do a lot of business, don't need any pointers from internet know-it-alls. Thanks for the concern though.

What hydro crimper you using looks nice

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Just one I bought a few years ago before they got super cheap on ebay. Using AWG spec wire and AWG spec lugs makes a big difference in the crimp quality. With over-sized car audio wire, it's between 1/0 and 2/0 spec, so you have to use 2/0 lugs to get it all to fit. Down-side to that is that the wire is too loose in the lug, so you have to over-crimp it and make the lug look "winged" with flat tabs of metal on each side of your crimp. Using spec wire and spec lugs makes a perfect crimp, as seen in my original post. I'm all about quality, no short cuts.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.