2way components to replace cdt hd642 gold?

Participant count
  • Participant list

sam_b03
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
I bought the cdt set mentioned in the title here about 3 years ago. Now i am ready for something else. My car wasnt and still isnt going to allow for a proper 3way install so I am looking for a comparable 2 way set. I have been running my cdt's as a 2 way with the 4in disconnected and the 6 seeing full range. It still doesnt sound bad. I just dont want to downgrade. My old set is already sold to a friend who has room to run it properly once i get them replaced.

Im open to any sugestions including pro audio if it is really clean. I have a eclipse mkii7200 so i can go active. Looking for focal, hertz, HAT, morel, ect models that are in the same league. I am looking for something that can take some power. Currently i have a clarion apx4360 bridged pushing 300 rms per side.

You're going to have a hard time finding a 2-way set that can match up to what you had with that 3-way system. The 4-inch mids really add to the fullness and overall output, especially when you want to push the system hard. What car are we looking to equip? Year, make, model?

I wasnt using the 4's. Basicly it was an hd62 set. It is in a 2010 370Z. The foot wells are too small to not have he speakers kicked in if in the kick panels. I put tweets high in door panels by the pull handles. The 6's are in the stock location. I dont have any experience with fiberglass so experimenting on my first new car that was 3 months old wasnt the place to learn. I mounted the 4's where the Bose option has a speaker mounted about shoulder high and 45 degrees behind you on the B pillar.It is deadened and foamed.

I want to build pods in the doors this time. I figure im going drive this car til it dies. I may try a 3 way done right next time once the car is paid off. My hu only does 2 way with a sub active. I would really like to try my hand with an active set up.

My buddy is putting them in Titan that he is willing to cut up.

I wasnt using the 4's. Basicly it was an hd62 set. It is in a 2010 370Z. The foot wells are too small to not have he speakers kicked in if in the kick panels. I put tweets high in door panels by the pull handles. The 6's are in the stock location. I dont have any experience with fiberglass so experimenting on my first new car that was 3 months old wasnt the place to learn. I mounted the 4's where the Bose option has a speaker mounted about shoulder high and 45 degrees behind you on the B pillar.It is deadened and foamed.I want to build pods in the doors this time. I figure im going drive this car til it dies. I may try a 3 way done right next time once the car is paid off. My hu only does 2 way with a sub active. I would really like to try my hand with an active set up.

My buddy is putting them in Titan that he is willing to cut up.
You could convert your system into an MX-Designs system. You have CDT's reference 6.7" woofers and some of the best sounding 1" tweeters they offer. MX-Designs uses a crossover that can run a small midrange and tweeter without having the woofer connected. The midrange can be as small as 2". If you place that in the door I recommend you move the 1" tweeters to the A-pillars, or change to our imaging tweeters. It's the same as DRT-26, except it mounts directly onto the windshield to aim down toward the center of the dash.

MX-Designs Home Page 1 click to Upgrade Kits

mx2uk2_lrg.png

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.