250A alts. BRAND NEW $150!!!

k_schutte
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Veteran
i didnt see all the fit guides...where can i find what this will fit??
Basically, it will fit any car with a large case GM alternator that has mounting points 180* from each other. Look at the alternator on your car, then look at this one. It is VERY easy to tell if it will work or not.

PEOPLE ALSO NEED TO REMEMBER THESE ARE SINGLE WIRE ALTERNATORS!!! MEANING THEY AREN'T REALLY A DIRECT REPLACEMENT AS MOST ALTERNATORS HAVE A CLIP/PLUG-IN CONNECTOR AND THESE ALTERNATORS DO NOT. IMO, THEY ARE BEST TO BE USED AS A SECOND ALTERNATOR LIKE I AM DOING.

ahh so i shouldn't get this as my single alt for my caprice?
depends on the year, if your caprice is old and has the single wire setup, it will be fine. It will work either way, the car just won't notice there is an alt. without the clip plugged in if you have one. It will still charge but your battery/check engine light will probably be on due it it not having a voltage reading. You can clip the plug and wire it up if you'd want to go that route though.

ahh so i shouldn't get this as my single alt for my caprice?
You can get this as your main alternator. The adaptor model #: d1w1206, is needed for plug and play. I was told this by one of the reps from the company. Thanks alot. I purchased one from ebay also.

Got mine in the mail today. Looks pretty nice, I'll install it either later today or tomorrow and have it load tested and I'll post back the results if anyone is interested. IMO though even if it only does 200 AMPS max as long as it does it at a reasonable RPM and puts out a reasonable amount at idle it will be well worth what these are selling for.

Im being pretty slack, it's still sitting in the floor in my room //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif I'll let you know when I do something with it though lol.

Was gonna test this thing for you guys, I got rid of my car and bought a Mach 1 Mustang though, so if anyone needs an alt, hit me up lol //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.