2500$ budget for subs, imaginations welcome

I second that, newer line, subs are geared for SQ so they lows will be there. Plus they can handle 2500 RMS each, so you can buy three and beat on them all day long. Just my 2 cents.
I can't imagine these being better than the axis I already have though.

The lms is sooooo tempting. Would 3 15s of them be worth waiting for over 2 18's? And the old 5400s are said to be better but they spec out worse than the new ones

I'd do something like 6 15s in some sort of clamshell if you're looking to play that low. Maybe even 4 15s.

2 subs with 4k each is going to be tough on the subs, especially playing down low below 30hz. When you're running a good amount of power and want something you can beat on daily, you want more coils to take the power. Take it from someone who has ran a bunch of big big daily setups and has been there.

Don't clamshells usually peak in the 40's? Unless they are absolutely enormous. This all has to fit behind the seats of a ford explorer

2 18" crossfire xsv2's. I just did 2 in a scion tc on a american bass vfl1000.1 10,000rms at 12volts to them and they are f$cking insane they are so clean and kill the lows!!!!!!!

How big of clamshell would be needed to tune in the 30-35hz range? I can build one, but i'd defintely need a design from someone who knew what they were doing

I can design you a clamshell. This is one I had in my Expedition a few years back with 4 18s. Played stupid low. Let me know if you want me to design something for you.

got the amp, soundigital 8000 and i'm not upgrading from it. I would love to do 4 audiopulse axis but i cant find a 4th ANYWHERE. the tc 3k i have wont work with them either.

My original idea was to keep this under 24" tall with 44.5 wide and 32 deep...so the clamshell might be out of the question.

baffle area for 4 18's is gonna be at least 38", wont fit behind my seats.

I still say try out the Zcons. They look very promising, are USA made, probably some of the cleanest subs out. Of course I dont know how they will compare to your axis, but I wouldnt doubt that they will take the power better.

And yes, do 4 15s...

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.