$220 Skar RP2000.1D vs $200 Belva BB5000dv2 vs $250 budget amp market range.

So I’m looking for a amp to run on my PSI built American Bass 15” sub.

The box is tuned at 32hz

My car has a stock 200amp alt and they don’t seem to make any for my car since it’s a 2016.

For now the electrical will stay stock, will do big 3 and extra battery if I start dimming and voltage dropping.

But I’ve looked at hundreds of amps and amp dynos and specs for the right amp to go with.

If you know of an amp that is in my price range that is putting out more efficient clean power than the scar for the dollar than please reply to this and let me know. Also even if there’s a used amp making more clean power for this price range please message me. I know this isn’t bst or wtb just simply stating I literally cannot find a better amp for the price but correct me if I’m wrong.

View attachment 26556953

In the Sub 250 range nothing puts out more juice than those two amps. I may be on the island on this one, but I tested a Belva, peaked in on it's guts and listened to it, and it's not a bad amp at all. Offers more features than the Skar, but you may not have any need for those. I haven't tested a Skar yet, but it's likely decent as well, many people have them.

I’m not here to listen to personal vendettas against the companies I’ve listed. Facts are facts and the dyno proves that the Skar rp2000.1d makes more clean efficient power than the Belva 5000dv2. Just seeing if anyone has other options that can bench against theses amps for the prices.

i'd trust the belva over the rp 2k which is just a big brother to the ph4000.
What makes you say that?

I’m just going by the dyno ratings. Highest burp or rms from the Belva was like 2800w and over 3000w rms for the Skar at 14v’s each. Just tryna make the right decision.

Appears that’s the Belva comes with a 300 amp fuse and the Skar comes with a 200 amp. Not sure if that’s saying the Skar is more efficient on clamp amperage.

What makes you say that? I’m just going by the dyno ratings. Highest burp or rms from the Belva was like 2800w and over 3000w rms for the Skar at 14v’s each. Just tryna make the right decision.
you never trust peak power err i mean dynamic rms EVER. garbage numbers that should never be trusted. Only certified numbers matter. The belva just looks much more stout and better built. The RP series come out of the same factory line that the american bass ph4000 and vfl 4480.1 come from, beyond garbage weak guts, poor design. Amp is 2/3 as big as the belva with less parts inside.

Also take into fact that kevin at skar audio himself performed the RP 2000.1 test. You can literally rig an amp dyno to do more power. Skar's reputation for trustworthiness is near zero with its track record.

My buddy with the ford ranger had the CAB 1600.1, skar rp 2000.1, audiopipe, hifonics brutus 2000 and audiopipe 1500.1, vfl 4480.1 hybrid basically all the amps that were dyno'd except the AB, he bought to try out. His electrical is good for a 10k amp at half ohm so thats not an issue. Hifonics was the least loudest, then the AB, then the skar rp 2000.1, then it was a tie between the CAB and audiopipe from direct swaps.

you never trust peak power err i mean dynamic rms EVER. garbage numbers that should never be trusted. Only certified numbers matter. The belva just looks much more stout and better built. The RP series come out of the same factory line that the american bass ph4000 and vfl 4480.1 come from, beyond garbage weak guts, poor design. Amp is 2/3 as big as the belva with less parts inside.
Also take into fact that kevin at skar audio himself performed the RP 2000.1 test. You can literally rig an amp dyno to do more power. Skar's reputation for trustworthiness is near zero with its track record.
Well the numbers Belva produced weren’t that impressive. It’s hard to chose but the Belva does look better and 20$ cheaper.

I have personally ran Skar in various builds in the past with no issues & have had decent customer service.

That being said, I've seen the dyno video of the RP-2000.1 and the same thought has crossed my mind. You don't see the amp while it's being tested.

I myself have never been a victim of any of the lies/shadiness personally, but have seen them screw over distributors and straight up lie to customers regarding how many spiders are used on their ZVX woofers.

TLDR; It's a 50/50 shot of whether the Skar will do rated.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.