22' Lincoln Aviator (help needed)

Participant count
  • Participant list

nicholas_r_d

CarAudio.com Newbie
Hey Guys

I currently have a set of 2-way Focal's (2KX equivalent, I think, 10 years ago) along with a JL stealth box (containing 2xw6s)

The new vehicle I purchased has a 28 speaker Revel Ultima system. It has a an 8" sub as part of the system. All 4 doors have a 3-way speaker setup (then various mids/tweeters throughout the healiners and in front/rear).

I think I would like to just focus on the 4 doors and possibly the "center" in the front of the vehicle. I would also like to put in sub(s).

Here is my original thoughts (a lot of this has to do with my location and what dealerships can and are familiar with installing and tuning) so...

3-way Focal 3KX system in the front 2 doors.
2-way Focal 2KX system in the rear 2 doors.
Something comparable for the center channel (although I think there might actually be two speakers in the center channel area).
Not going to replace any other speakers (I think)
I can fit (I am 95% sure) either 1 JL "HO" prefab box with a 12W7 OR 2 x JL "ProWedge" 12W7s
JL HD1200/1 Amp to power the single "HO" option...what about the 2 ProWedge's? a 2nd JL HD 1200/1?
Some combo of JL's VXi amps to power the new speakers
The local dealer is worried about the power draw from 2 12W7s in the vehicle (does "the big 3" mean anything on new vehicles?...what other options are there to provide enough power for the system?)

They are obviously a JL dealer and I have heard good things about the C7 line but I believe the 3KX line is a better option, right?

I assume I will need a 2nd battery...any options to mount something inside the rear of the vehicle that doesn't look like a regular battery? What about capacitors? Will they help? This isn't the largest vehicle and my desire to have the subs that I want is making room an issue so any tips or tricks would be greatly appreciated.

• REVEL ULTIMA 3D AUDIO SYSTEM
    QUICK SPECS
    • 20-CHANNEL AMPLIFIER
    • 28 SPEAKERS
    SYSTEM OVERVIEW
    system overview

CENTER & FRONT DOORS
    Center Mid-Tweeter-Mid 1x25mm Tweeter and
    2x 100mm Midrange speakers
    2x 25mm Tweeter
    2x 80mm Midrange
    2x 6”x 9” Woofer