2021 Explorer ST Aftermarket Amp Problems

Participant count
  • Participant list

Kodine

CarAudio.com Newbie
So i was curious if anyone else has had this problem. I picked up signal from both voice coils running to an lci then the amp. I am getting major clipping with any amp when i just barely start to turn up the gain on my amp. Even with the lci turned way down, the amp will still clip. I know i picked up the signal correctly onto the right colored wires. I just dont know what could be causing this.

i have the upgraded b&o with 14 speakers if that makes a difference.

Take some pics. Amp wiring and settings.

i can take some pics of the wiring where i got the signal, into the line out, and to the amp. The settings on the amp really dont matter because this is happening with all three amps i have at the house.

You probably don't have a full range signal going into your lci. I don't have any experience with the BO system but I wouldn't be surprised if it's all factory dsp'd which would be bad for upgrades.

i have always done my own car audio, but this is the first new car with all the crazy electronics involved. i do know it does not have anc.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...