Planet Audio PX2600 looking for Service Manual

Participant count
  • Participant list
the user manual is the first result if you search planet audio px2600

If you're trying to rebuild or fix it just throw it away. I'm sorry you got conned but that has a 30 amp fuse rating.
Which means it can push 432 watts before the fuse blows.
That's a 300 watt amplifier at best.

Attachments

• AXIS_AB_EN_UM.PDF
    1.4 MB · Views: 53
Not so, if you look at the amp next to it, it is 450 RMS but has 2x30A fuses. It is a typo. His amp is 750 RMS@ 2 Ohms.
Fair enough. But why give both of them 2 30s? And why does it say rms at 4 ohms is 750 and max is 2600 at 2 ohms. I dont see an rms at 2 ohms but I digress
All I know is planet audio lies about their numbers big time.

Fair enough. But why give both of them 2 30s? And why does it say rms at 4 ohms is 750 and max is 2600 at 2 ohms. I dont see an rms at 2 ohms but I digress
All I know is planet audio lies about their numbers big time.
Numbers were swapped. The 1500 uses 1x30A while the 2600 uses 2x30A. The specs claim 105db SNR, THD .01%, and Damping Factor 125+. I doubt a budget minded amplifier would use the components that can produce those results.

Numbers were swapped. The 1500 uses 1x30A while the 2600 uses 2x30A. The specs claim 105db SNR, THD .01%, and Damping Factor 125+. I doubt a budget minded amplifier would use the components that can produce those results.
Woof.
That makes some sense. So they claim 750 at 4 ohm but it's 2 ohm stable and it blows fuses at 860 watts. I'm gonna guess 600 at 2 ohm and 350 at 4 ohm.
I had the pleasure of tinkering with a "3000 watt rms" 1 ohm planet audio amp.
I think someone dynod it at 650 or 700. But it sounded really clean and the filters worked well. Surprised me there, it was just a shame to read all the reviews about how "hard it hit" 😅

T
, it was just a shame to read all the reviews about how "hard it hit"
This would not surprise me if it was a Class a/b. The old Sedona 500iqx, Zeus VIII, and HCCA 275g4 I have are Class a/b that hit harder than their rated wattage. They are 700, 900, 1200 watts respectively. Even my HD750/1 (which I love) does not sound as good as any of those.

Does anyone have a Service Manual or Schematic for a PX2600 Planet Audio Amplifier ? Thank you in advance !
Go sign up at https://www.diyaudio.com/community/forums/car-audio.38/

Post your question in the car audio section. That part of the forum revolves around nothing but car amplifier repair, a few other random posts as well, but primarily help with car amp repair.

If a schematic exists, someone there will have it, if not you can get help repairing it if you have trouble.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...