2018 Charger Hellcat Build Start.

Participant count
  • Participant list

SilverSquared
10+ year member

Fat guy on the GROUND.
So, I bought a B5 charger ScatPack in 2019. Harman Kardon system, alcantara leather, heated & cooled seats, big brembo brakes, everything I wanted.
In 2021 I found an almost identical car, but with more power. LOL. Biggest differences that you could see... Brake caliper color, rear spoiler, sun roof, hood, driving lights, and exhaust tips. OH! And fender badges! LOL.
So...for the build. I found a challenger harmon kardon woofer setup for CHEAP. Its made to have 2-10s in the spare area. Chargers just have a styrofoam storage bin.
I bought subs to drop in, as well as an amp...should have measured. Skar SVR 10s arent even close to fitting. LMAO. I'll change to a trunk box in a few months.
I rewired the subs. they are 4ohm dvc but oddly only 3 coils were wired. Added about 20 oz of polyfill too. Wired subs parallel for 2 ohms at the terminal. I'm thinking of a Taramps TL-500 for these. We will see. Not sure what to replace dash, doors, and deck speakers with. The stock HK sounds good, to me. But I do want a lil more volume. Was thinking JBL (Harman, duh) or something else, that wont need an external amp.
On with the pics. (look close, you'll see Scat and Cat)

1st Cold Start

Installed a Jensen XDA92RB on the Harmon Kardon 10s. Im going to be honest, I was skeptical. After watching Big D Wiz run this amp on the Dyno, I figured this would be plenty. And it is. The gain is literally on 1. It sounds great. Tapped into stock sub speaker wire and ran to high level input of the amp. Amp isnt mounted yet, but isnt bouncing. Sounds great!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...