2017 Toyota Tacoma

Participant count
  • Participant list

moparnut

I decided to start doing car audio again on the side and had a customer that wanted subs added to his factory setup in his new Tacoma. There is little room in there and it is his work truck so I had my work cut out for me. We decided to go with a sub that could fit in a small space and settled on two Sundown SD2-8's, dual 4 ohm. They only require .25 - .4 cubic feet per sub, 4.75 mounting depth, and can be pushed flat against the back of the box. This enclosure measures right at 1 cube without the subs in it. To push them, we used the Pioneer gmd-8601 with the subs wired to 1 ohm. System integration is handled with an Audio Control LC2i, which is mounted on the back of the amp board. The board sits in a channel I made in a panel that fits the bottom of the space. The top is held in place by magnets. The back wall of the cab was covered in 80mil Noico sound deadening mat. Great stuff. The build took about 2 weeks since I am doing this in addition to the regular full time job. I am very happy with the result. Take a look and let me know what you all think.

The space we had to work with

HEnjTfJ.jpg

The enslosure used 4 layers of fiberglass. The back of the interior panel needed to be cut out.

jYU7fMa.jpg

kvC7WIX.jpg

NvMp69f.jpg

OMrJII0.jpg

TP4ysHp.jpg

kjCVsV1.jpg

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.