2016 Silverado Double Cab - Sub Rec

tommyboy7288

PA
Hey yall, I just got a new 2016 Silverado double cab and am trying to figure out what setup I should do. I was originally thinking about the JL stealthbox with two 10w1's, however, after reading a bit they seem overpriced for the underperformance. (regardless of the good clarity). Im used to two Diamond audio 12's i had in my impala in a ported box.

Looking for-

-Hiding the enclosure under back bench seat.

-Good output (however I like rap and metal, so somewhere in the middle. I prefer 12's since the 10's have alot of punch to them.)

Also, where do people usually put the amp with the hidden subs? In between them under the seat? Id like to avoid having the amp on the front of the box near passengers seats.

10s dont have more punch to them 8s can get as low as 18s you just need a proper enclosure. Although it does depend the actual sub sometimes. You can mount the anp behind the seats or even behind the aub box if theres room. Thats were mine is. Chances are all youll be able to fit is 2 sealed 10s the sundown sd-3 10

Id run a nice set of 10's ported over a pair of shallow 12's any day of the week. My setup up of 3 10's was the loudest and deepest setup I have ran to date. Tuned to 28hz they were just crazy loud and low. Skar vvx 10's v1's on a pair of skar 2500's...

i've got a pair of sundown sd3-10's under the back seat of my 2014 crew cab silverado running off a scv1500.

As far as mounting the amp I removed the back seats and used some epoxy to attach 2 strips of birch to the back wall of the truck. i screwed the amp to those strips.

The Sd3-10s are down firing sealed.

I know i couldn't fit the sd3-12's. A full slimline 12 might fit though. Something Like a jl tw5 or stereo integrity bm mkiv. The box probably would have to hang out in front of the seats a little bit

Debated this very thing with a friend recently. He wanted to go from 4 RE SE12s in his Tahoe to just a couple shallow 12s in his new ext cab Chevy. I convinced him he'd never be happy with that so we did a blow though 4th with 4 HDS312s on 3k.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.