2016 Kia Sorento Alpine Install

Participant count
  • Participant list

jimkill

Utah
I am working on installing an Alpine ilx-107 into a 2016 Kia Sorento LX V6 w/o nav. I've got the head unit installed and working, the steering wheel controls work but I am having trouble getting the factory back-up camera to work with the head unit. I have located the reverse signal and it seems the camera wires have their own plug that connected to the stock head unit. This is different than the wiring diagrams I've found but I'm trying to make it work.

The factory camera needs 6.5V so I bought an axxess stepdown (AX-CAM6v) and I wired it up based off of their instructions but it seems like the camera still doesn't get power. See the attachments for a diagram of how I hooked it up. The last image shows the factory harness, the small white block on the right is what I believe is the video harness, where the reverse signal is.

I also am trying to get the factory USB/AUX ports in the center console to work but it's not working either but I really would like to get the cam working first.

Anyone have any ideas why it's not working? Do I need to pull power in from the ACC or maybe ground the camera straight to chassis? If so how would I wire it in with the step down?

View attachment 26556382

View attachment 26556380

View attachment 26556381

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.